Grade 6 - £22,481 to £23,292 (actual pro-rata salary per annum)
Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant who is passionate about Inclusion?
If yes, then Horsenden Primary School may have just the opportunity for you. The new leadership team are looking to further strengthen the inclusion team with the addition of a SEN Teaching Assistant. As a SEN Teaching Assistant, you will play a key role in individual and small group support for identified pupils with special educational needs, be responsible for the inclusion of all pupils as well as delivering specific interventions to reduce barriers to learning.
The right candidate will be:
• A passionate and experienced Teaching Assistant who has an NVQ level 3 or above qualification and experience of working with children with additional needs.
• Flexible and be able to work as part of a team to improve the outcomes for pupils
• Able to plan and deliver a range of interventions for pupils to support their academic and emotional wellbeing
• Actively engaged in improving their own skills through seeking constructive feedback
• Contribute to planning, preparing and delivery of agreed work and support programmes to individual or groups of pupils across KS1 and KS2.
• Use behaviour management strategies in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
• Plan and deliver a range of interventions, including Speech, Language and Communication
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, 4 form entry primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. The school has fantastic facilities, including the Seahorse Swim School and Children’s Centre.
What we will offer:
An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff. Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring. An enthusiastic team and well-behaved children who are eager to make good progress in their learning.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service). Further information can be found at: www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Applying for the job
To apply please download the application form, job description, person specification and guidance notes from our school website at: www.horsenden.ealing.sch.uk/our-school/working-with-us. Please return your completed application form via email@example.com
More on how to apply
Please note: CVs will not be accepted.
Local authority maintained school
884 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Horsenden Primary School
Horsenden Primary school is a larger than average, 4 form entry primary school in the Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. The school has fantastic facilities, including the Seahorse Swim School and Children’s Centre. In the 2020/2021 academic year the school begins the exciting journey of further developing its pedagogy in line with Visible Learning principles based on the work of John Hattie.
Arranging a visit to Horsenden Primary School
Please email the Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the school office on 020 8422 5985, to arrange a visit to the school.
Horsenden Lane North, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 0PB