This post is an excellent opportunity for both aspiring or experienced leaders.
West Park Primary School has been judged as ‘good’ with elements of “outstanding” practice by Ofsted in November 2018. The Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare of pupils, as well as all staff, is “outstanding” and reflects the ethos of the Head Teacher and school governors.
The right candidate will be an exceptional, passionate teacher who can lead by example, with the ability to inspire, motivate and support our pupils and staff, having a track record delivering outstanding lessons, raising standards and making a positive impact on teaching and learning. The successful candidate will join an experienced team, dedicated to staff development, supporting school leaders of the future.
The successful candidate, together with being a Classroom Teacher will:
- Play a key role alongside the Headteacher in the development and management of the school provision for SEND.
- Contribute to strategic school development planning and evaluation with specific responsibility for SEND.
- Lead, develop and enhance the teaching practice of the staff in relation to SEND across the school.
- Develop standards in accordance with best practice in identifying, assessing and meeting the needs of SEN pupils.
- Be responsible for delivering high quality teaching and learning across the phase.
- Be responsible for leading on standards, achievement and progress as a phase team leader.
The successful candidate will benefit from the wider professional opportunities available working for Ad Astra Academy Trust.
Candidates are asked to demonstrate their skills and experience that they will bring to the post and how they will meet the requirements of the Person Specification. The successful candidate will:
• Hold the National Award for SEN Co-ordination or state a willingness to complete it within 3 years of appointment.
• Be familiar with national strategies, especially with regard to SEND.
• Understand and use pupil performance data to improve teaching and learning outcomes for SEND pupils.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Primary curriculum.
• Demonstrate knowledge of legislation concerning Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, SEN and ChildProtection.
• Understand school improvement strategies and have an ability to support the Headteacher in managing and enhancing the performance of all staff.
• Have experience of coaching and/or mentoring staff.
Visits to school are warmly encouraged and candidates are welcome to visit us at a time of their convenience. Please contact Mandy Hall, Headteacher on 01429 282090 or via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this.
This job post has expired.