Teacher, SEN specialist
We are looking for an inspirational and dedicated SENDCO to further develop SEND within the school and to lead our inclusion team. Applications are welcome from both experienced SENDCOs with the National accreditation and someone who has the experience listed below with a willingness to learn and to train. This is a permanent role and an exciting opportunity to play a key role in our extended leadership team.
Our ideal candidate would have:
● A passion for SEND and an eagerness to play a key role in shaping the strategic vision for SEND
● Experience working throughout a primary school, with a wide range of examples of successful SEND practice.
● Up to date knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice.
● Experience of working with LA and outside agencies to support children and families.
● A collaborative approach to working, and one who is able to bring their team with them.
● Great communication skills, and able to work successfully with the leadership team, staff, pupils, families and outside agencies.
We will provide a supportive learning environment; employee assistance programme; extensive CPD programme; a dedicated SENDCo office; an opportunity to work closely with senior leaders as part of the extended leadership team to drive the school forward.
SEN AllowanceMore on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
608 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Gusford Community Primary School
Gusford Primary School is part of The Active Learning Trust: www.activelearningtrust.org . As a Trust school we pride ourselves on working in close partnership in order to benefit our pupils, staff and community. Policies are available to view on the Active Learning Trust and Gusford Primary School websites. Our school website is: http://www.gusfordprimary.net
Gusford Primary School provides education for up to 650 children aged from 4 to 11 years and is able to cater for an annual intake of up to 90 children. We are situated in the Chantry area of Ipswich. The school was opened in 1962 and became an academy in 2013 with the Active Learning Trust.
The school has 21 classrooms, a Nursery class, 2 halls, a learner swimming pool, computer suite and a number of group rooms and resource areas. The school serves the Brookwood, Thorrington Park, Belstead Hills and Chantry area of South West Ipswich. There are pleasant grounds with much landscaping around the site.
Lower Key Stage 2
Harwich Community Primary School and Nursery
Barrack Lane, Harwich, Essex, CO12 3NP