Helsby High School, Frodsham, Cheshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 7 to Lead Practitioners range 11, £47,706 to £52,643|
As SENDCo for the school, raise standards of student attainment and achievement for all students on the Code of Practice (COP) by recognising and overcoming barriers to learning and to monitor and support student progress.
• To lead the strategic review, development and communication of all aspects of SEND provision across the school.
• To be accountable for student progress and development within the SEND department, including liaising with all other areas to support their SEND provision
• To lead on all aspects relating to EHCPs.
• To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
• To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students that meets their specific needs and allows them to access the curriculum, in accordance with the aims of the school and the curricular policies.
• To effectively manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources to support SEND students.
• To forge positive, effective and productive partnerships with multi-agencies and partner educational establishments.
• To lead and facilitate an effective transition process for SEND students (e.g. KS2-3, KS4-5 and KS5 – beyond)
• To lead and facilitate an effective transition process for all students moving into KS3.
• Responsibility for gathering and collating SEND information from external agencies.
• To play a role in narrowing the gap of achievement for pupil premium students.
• Under the reasonable direction of the Headteacher, carry out the professional duties of a schoolteacher as set out in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD)
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree
Essential skills and experience
• Substantial and successful classroom teaching experience across the age range, demonstrated by quality first teaching for all children.
• Experience of having achieved successful outcomes from the delivery of a range of SEND strategies and activities from a curriculum and pastoral perspective.
• Experience of working with all levels of teaching staff to ensure that children with special educational needs have access to suitable teaching and learning resources.
• Experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs in an inclusive setting.
• A practical understanding of the elements of personalisation.
• Experience of school improvement strategies.
• Excellent classroom practitioner with secure knowledge of how to achieve the best outcomes for every child.
• Knowledge of the strategies for the delivery of SEND support activities.
As a member of the school’s Extended Leadership Team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to experience whole-school leadership in anticipation of a future move to a Deputy or Assistant Headteacher role.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1376 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Helsby High School website (opens in a new window)|
About Helsby High School
Chester Road, Frodsham, Cheshire, WA6 0HY