Teacher, SEN specialist
Early years, KS1
MPS or UPS and SEND Allowance
The Governing Body of Hillborough Infant and Nursery School is looking to appoint a SENDCo and are seeking applications from committed and knowledgeable candidates who enjoy making a positive contribution to join our highly committed team.
As an inclusive school, we are looking to further strengthen the team with an inspirational SENDCo to further develop and lead inclusion and SEND within the school. Child Protection is a shared role with the Headteacher.
The successful candidate will have/be:
• Qualified Teacher status;
• The National Award for SEND Coordination or be working towards achieving the National
Award in SEND Coordination within three years;
• Experience of working with children with Special Needs and Disabilities;
• Thorough knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice;
• Able to work effectively with SLT to achieve excellence;
• The ability to lead staff by supporting, developing and overviewing the knowledge and
expertise in staff working with SEND children;
• Skilled in working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – e.g. SEND,
LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL, More Able and Talented and Traveller pupils;
• Has high aspirations for all pupil’s achievement and behaviour;
• Values inclusion and has a genuine interest in working with a team, taking risks and trying
new and innovative ways of working;
• Good communication skills and an ability to work within a team and to enable liaison with
a variety of external agencies;
• Good management and organisational skills and experience of leading /managing others;
• Has a clear commitment to whole school improvement with excellent organisation,
communication and interpersonal skills to engage the wider community.
In return we can offer you:
• A strong and supportive leadership team who are driving the school forward with a clear
vision and high expectations;
• An enthusiastic team and well-resourced facilities;
• Wonderful children who are a joy to work with.
Part-time (Flexible working hours available)
Applying for the job
We look forward to receiving your completed application by Thursday 13th May 2021.
Those candidates that are shortlisted will receive further information to enable them to prepare for the next stage.
All application must be made through MyNewTerm: https://www.mynewterm.com/school/Hillborough-Infant-School/109581/EDV-2021-HIS-42078/SENDCo
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification and only apply if you can demonstrate that you meet ALL of the essential criteria listed in the Person Specification, including qualifications.
Closing date: Thursday 13th May 2021
Initial shortlisting: Friday 14th May 2021
Interviews will take place: Week commencing 17th May 2021
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
291 pupils enrolled
3 to 7
About Hillborough Infant School
Hillborough Infant School provides an education to 3 to 7 year olds in the south of Luton, close to the town centre. We are an oversubscribed and successful three form entry infant school admitting 90 pupils per year. We are well-resourced and keep children at the centre of everything we do.
Arranging a visit to Hillborough Infant School
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please call the school office on 01582 725 764 to book a visit to the school.
If you are unable to visit our School, please view the attached tour of our School.