Merrydale Junior School
L1 to L5 (from £47,185 to £52,074)
Permanent and Full Time - Monday to Friday
52 weeks per year, 1 FTE
Start date: 8th April 2024 (Summer Term) this is negotiable and Autumn term start is available for the right candidate.
Merrydale Junior School are looking for a highly motivated person with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for providing inspirational learning experiences, making a difference to the lives of all our children. You must be a hardworking and supportive team member, with a clear understanding of how children learn and the ability to plan for effective and high-quality teaching and learning.
Why choose Merrydale Junior School?
It is our mission to provide our pupils with a stimulating and engaging curriculum in a safe and secure environment. We believe that emotional wellbeing is essential in developing positive behaviour and academic success. We value and respect all individuals and our ethos gives our community the confidence to achieve their full potential and to be the best that they can be, and in doing so make a positive contribution to society.
We are seeking to appoint a SENDCo :
- To lead, manage, develop and maintain high quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils.
- To model effective teaching, to coach and train colleagues and to teach across the school.
- To keep all aspects of paperwork including records, policies and SEND school offer up-to-date and actioned, as appropriate.
- To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and progress.
- To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal growth and enjoyment.
Person Specification :
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Detailed understanding of SEND Code of practice
- Successful experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Success in teaching of children, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required for pupils with a range of abilities and needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification attached to support with your application.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and recommended - For further details, please contact Miss Nikita Grant - Office Manager: email@example.com.
What we Offer:
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
More about Discovery Schools Trust
Discovery Schools Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence are shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
While we acknowledge the advantages of AI in crafting personal statements for applications, we strongly encourage and expect applicants to personalise and tailor responses. Please note that the Trust may utilise AI checking solutions during the application review process and will be considered when shortlisting.
Safeguarding Statement: We are committed to safeguarding our pupils; therefore, the successful applicant will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and references.
This job post has expired.