This job expired on 8 June 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
8 June 2023 at 11:59pm
19 May 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- TSAT Leadership Scale (L2-6) £46,082 - £50,858
What skills and experience we're looking for
Due to the promotion of our Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion to a trust-wide role, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a SENDCo to join our growing team at New Horizons Primary School. This role is a full time post with no class-based responsibility, however 0.8 FTE would be considered for the right candidate.You would work closely with our Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion to ensure that we have the best possible inclusive offer for each and every child. We live by our Starfish story, which reminds everyone in our school community to strive to make a positive difference each and every day.
What you will need to succeed:
- Hold or be willing to undertake the National Qualification for SENDCo
- Hold QTS and be the school’s Designated Teacher for Looked After Children
- Be a deputy DSL for the school and an active member of the pastoral team
- Demonstrate an ability to teach across the school
- A proven track record of excellent outcomes for children
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A proven track record of supporting staff to develop their practice
- Effective leadership qualities
What the school offers its staff
Our school is a friendly, welcoming place with children who are full of energy and life. Learning is at the heart of what we do and we believe that all children enjoy their time at school.
“Pupils behave well in class and feel safe. They listen to teachers and to each other attentively, respecting the views of others” – Ofsted
At New Horizons Primary School, we are a proud member of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust. This enables us to create a unique offer for children: an "all-through" educational journey in which they remain with the same family of schools throughout their education.We are one of five primary schools and one secondary school in Portsmouth to benefit from Thinking Schools' award-winning resources, curriculum, and collaboration opportunities.
What you will get from our Trust:
- TSAT pay scales are above the national pay scales
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and colleagues within the school and our Trust including excellent CPD opportunities and career pathways
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About New Horizons Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 555 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- New Horizons Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
We believe that primary school education is an experience that all children should enjoy to the full. We therefore offer a broad and balanced curriculum. The multi-cultural dimension of our school community is another strength; we celebrate our many diverse backgrounds, helping our children to become positive and responsible citizens. We strive to build strong relationships with our parents and we value and encourage their involvement and support. We have high expectations of what children can do and we work hard, encouraging parents to support us, in order that our pupils can make the best possible progress.
Arranging a visit to New Horizons Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire