SENDCo (Part Time)
Deadline is today
Earliest start date
1 May 2023
Latest start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 5pm
4 March 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 1-2 days per week (exact working days flexible)
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £43,685
- MPR / UPR
What skills and experience we're looking for
We seek to appoint an inspirational SENDCo to work as part of our team. You may be an experienced SENDCO or an exceptional practitioner looking to further your career as an aspiring SENDCO.
We believe in a collaborative approach when supporting pupils. We understand that the best outcomes for children are achieved when class teachers, SENDCo, families and Senior Leadership work together with the child at the centre.
The successful applicant will:
- Inspire and motivate children and staff and be able to form positive professional relationships with all.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent classroom practice to improve others’ inclusive teaching and be able to use monitoring to lead improvement in provision for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
- Raise the standards of SEND pupils throughout the school.
- Be a skilful communicator and be able to manage tricky situations to achieve the best outcomes.
- Have the ability to set appropriate learning targets and to support staff in developing teaching strategies to enable these to be met by the child.
- Have a commitment to seeking out and sharing the best methods to help the individual and to removing any barriers which might lead to underachievement.
- Actively support Class Teachers and Teaching Assistants.
- Be able to work effectively within a supportive, committed and successful staff team.
- Have high aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development
What the school offers its staff
- A friendly and supportive environment where a collaborative approach is of the utmost importance
- Happy and settled children who strive to do their best
- Committed staff team, dedicated governors and senior leadership team
- Support and mentoring from the Senior Leadership and Trust colleaues.
- Creative and exciting curriculum where children are given the chance to shine
Further details about the role
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and overseeing high quality support for SEND children across the school by working in collaboration with Class Teachers, Teaching Assistants and families
- Line managing SENDCo/Pastoral Assistant
- Liaison and coordination with outside agencies
- Coordinating and leading annual reviews
- Delivering SEND related staff training
- Coordinating periodic assessment checks with pupils
- Supporting and directing Class Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Assessment tracking of SEND pupils
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 616 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Chalgrove Community Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 207 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Chalgrove Community Primary School are a thriving local school set in the beautiful countryside in rural Oxfordshire. We are very much at the heart of our community and we are lucky to have such supportive families. At Chalgrove Community Primary School, we want our children to be curious, to question and to challenge ideas. We want our children to engage, to be inquisitive and to be proactive learners. How do we achieve this? We do this through creating a curriculum that is exciting and never static. We facilitate learning opportunities beyond the classroom and we continually reflect in order to improve.
Arranging a visit to Chalgrove Community Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo)
Wooden Hill Primary and Nursery School
Staplehurst, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8DB
SENDCo (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator)
Abbey View Primary Academy
Kennedy Avenue, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11 1BX
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oxford and Oxfordshire