Westfield Primary Academy
Start Date:01 January 2023 (Earlier if available)
Salary:Main pay range 2-4 (fte £27,600 - £31,778 actual £16,560 -£19,066 per annum) plusSEN Allowance £2,270
Contract term:19.5 hours per week (0.6fte)
Contract Type:Fixed term until 31/08/2023
Why do you want to be the SENDCO at Westfield Primary Academy?
It's an opportunity to shape the direction and focus of the school. As a SENCO, you are thinking constantly about what's best for those who need the most support, and with a proactive attitude and a bit of gusto, you can fly the flag for SEN when senior team are cooking up the latest school-wide strategy.
As a strategic SENDCO you will make a valuable contribution to our school improvement journey. You will ensure that all staff have the skills, knowledge and understanding they need to provide high quality teaching and learning opportunities for all pupils.
We understand the demands on your role and therefore your teaching load will only be specific teaching of groups which include SEND students and not include a class responsibility.
Westfield Primary Academy is part of Unity Schools Partnership a forward-thinking academy trust of 31 schools (18 primary). We value our people and we have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice. Our SENDCO will be supported by our specialist Directors of SEND and our well-established trust SENDCO network
Unity Schools Partnership celebrates both professional development and career progression. The Teaching school which is part of Unity will support the successful candidate in this post and their future career.
- Have a relentless drive to improve the outcomes for all SEND students at the Academy
- Be uncompromising about their approach to inclusion and learning for all SEND students
- Able to manage, coach and mentor a team of individuals in order to get the best out of every staff member
- Understand how to be strategic and meet the aims and purposes of wider academy improvement objectives
- Have the National Award for SEN Co-ordination or currently training towards.
- Effectively articulate the SEND vision for the school
- Provide regular and decisive updates relating to SEND to relevant stakeholders
- Lead on and manage specific interventions pertaining to SEND students
- Be an active part of the Senior Leadership Team and trust SENDCO network
- Be part of the senior leadership team working on teaching and learning priorities across the Academy In return we will offer:
- Support CPD required to be able to fulfil the role
- Newly refurbished learning spaces with state of the art interactive white boards and sound systems
- A supportive and friendly working environment with well established “well-being” programmes
- An excellent programme of induction into the Academy with supportive and dynamic staff • Well-being day each Academic year
We would encourage an informal discussion and visit to the school with Carly Moody Head of School prior to submitting your application, please contact the office on 01440 761697 or email@example.com to make an appointment.
Closing date:3rd October 2022 12 noon.
Interviews:Week commencing 10th October 2022
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
In line with safer recruitment, we are unable to accept CVs. Failure to complete an application form satisfactorily may result in not being shortlisted for the post.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed tosafer recruitment,equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.