- View all Full timejobs
- The desired hours of work: 37 hours Mon, Tues & Thurs: 8.30-4.30 pm, Wed: 8.30-5.00 pm, Fri: 8.30-3.30pm
(We would consider a minimum of 30 hours/week Term Time only 8:45-15:15 Mon-Fri)
- £23,953 (Pro Rata for Term time working) Actual Salary £20,707
Senior Behaviour Support Manager job summary
We have an exciting opportunity for a someone to join Hednesford Valley High School to further develop behaviour management strategies and have a positive impact on the student’s wellbeing and future pathways. This year we have implemented restorative conversations, giving students the opportunity to discuss when things have gone wrong and the impact this has had. You will be integral in ensuring the consistency of Restorative Practice across the school leading to positive relationships with students and staff.
Hednesford Valley High is a generic secondary special school catering for a wide range of students. As Behaviour Support Manager you will connect directly with the brilliant students, helping to make sure they get the very best from their education. This role involves working with students, staff, families and professionals to support good behaviour in the school and in the community.
The successful candidate will:
• Have excellent communication skills to work with a wide range of SEN students
• Have the energy, passion and commitment to improve behaviour outcomes for all students, with a genuine interest in the whole development of every child
• Have a passion for encouraging students’ engagement within the education process by supporting behaviour for learning
• Role model positive relationships with staff and students
• Be confident in using ICT systems to monitor and log information and produce analytical reports to present to the Senior Leadership Team
• Want to work as part of a team to develop strategies to support students to change their behaviour
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Have high standards for students and themselves
• Be involved in physical intervention at times (training will be provided)
We believe that supporting our staff both personally and professionally allows them to give their very best to our students. Our aim is to foster a working culture that recognises and reflects the importance of good mental health and wellbeing and provides effective support when colleagues need it. We can offer:
• A supportive working environment and team ethos
• An induction and mentoring package
• Opportunities for CPD
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hednesford Valley High School
- School type
- Special school, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 176 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Hednesford Valley High is a good generic secondary special school with a split site provision. Students in Year 7-11 are based at the Hednesford Valley High, Stanley Road Site, and students in Years 12-14 are based in E block at Cannock Chase High. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
The latest Ofsted Inspection dated 6th March 2019 – the school was judged to be Good.
Arranging a visit to Hednesford Valley High School
Visits to school are warmly welcomed. Please contact school to arrange a visit 01543 423714