This job expired on 24 January 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
As soon as possible
24 January 2022 at 12:00pm
10 January 2022
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 1320 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Winifred Holtby Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 01482 826207
About Winifred Holtby Academy
Our History and Context
In 1969 Bransholme High opened its doors for the first time to the children of the newly formed Bransholme estate. In 1988 during a reorganisation of Hull schools it was renamed after the author Winifred Holtby and retained the name when the school moved to new premises on the same site in September 2011. In May 2013 the school converted to Academy status but retained the name Winifred Holtby. In September 2019, Winifred Holtby Academy became a member of The Consortium Academy Trust, setting out on the next exciting stage of our journey, working collaboratively with our partners within the Trust.
Winifred Holtby Academy is a large academy with over 1300 students on roll. We have a positive and engaged student body and a caring, dedicated and talented staff. The school is set in the city of Hull. The catchment area predominantly covers North Bransholme and the surrounding areas.
In September 2011 we moved into our new building. We have a wide variety of state-of-the-art facilities which enable our students to achieve their potential. Each area is designed with our students in mind and many of our facilities represent what our students will access in the outside world in a working environment. These facilities allow our students the greatest start in their chosen further education and career paths. Our facilities include:
• State of the art classrooms and learning spaces
• A Learning Resource Centre
• Specialist Food, D & T and Motor Vehicle Technology suites
• A fully equipped suite of Performing Arts rooms, including a Recording Studio and a Community Theatre
• Air-conditioned ICT suites
• State of the art sports facilities, including a swimming pool, hydrotherapy pool, sports hall, fitness suite, all-weather pitches, rugby pitches / football pitches, outdoor MUGA area, tennis courts, athletic / cricket facilities. All of these facilities are available for staff use outside of the timetabled academy day.
Staff at Winifred Holtby are known for their caring approach with all students and we are committed to providing strong and effective pastoral support – we know our students well and treat them as individuals, not numbers. Our established House system creates a sense of belonging, friendly rivalry and healthy competition amongst students and staff. Each Year Group has a dedicated team of pastoral Year Leaders in addition to an Academic Progress Director.
Our staff provide a wide variety of extra-curricular activities beyond the school day, including academic, sport, performance and other community-based activities.
The academy has a strong community ethos, developing close relationships with the world of business and establishing strong links both locally and nationally.
School locationMidmere Avenue, Hull, HU7 4PW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed