- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Term time
37.5 hours per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Actual salary
Do you want to make a difference and have a positive impact on student’s lives both inside
and outside of the classroom?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established team and make a difference to
student’s lives. Being a Senior Teaching Assistant in our school can include:-
• Running small (6-8 students) intervention groups, for example Social and Emotional;
English or Maths; Life Skills.
• Being a keylink worker for a small number of students – being an identified adult to
work in addition to their tutor and work proactively with students to foster
independence and be the school link for parental contact.
• Being in the class supporting primarily targeted EHCP students but also to support
other students within that class.
• Attending meetings with parents, other professionals and a lead member of staff.
• Occasional cover for lessons where a teacher is absent – training will be provided
and due to the size of the team occurrences are infrequent
• Opportunities to take a lead in a specific area, to develop expertise and share best
practice, for example, Dyslexia, EAL, ASC.
This role is a term time only position with the hours of work as predominantly 7.30 – 3.30
The successful applicant will:
• Be able to support in the delivery of high quality learning experiences for all pupils.
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations.
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience.
• Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils.
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have at least level 2 in literacy and numeracy and a good level of ICT skills or willing
to take functional skills qualifications
• Have excellent team working skills
Previous experience is not necessary training will be given where needed
We will offer you...
• An unrivalled opportunity to make a difference to a school and its community
• The opportunity to work with the fastest growing academy group in the country
• A comprehensive CPD programme both through the school and through wider
opportunities within United Learning
• A great working environment with high staff morale and a strong sense of
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 704 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Seahaven Academy
At Seahaven Academy we are a very proud community: we are a ‘good’ school with a track
record of strong outcomes, really big ambitions and incredibly high standards. We whole heartedly believe in the United Learning motto: ‘the best in everyone’. The strength of
relationships between students and staff is second to none, so add to this a vibrant
atmosphere, a stunning cliff-top location and excellent facilities and you will see why we feel
so strongly about our academy.
Arranging a visit to Seahaven Academy
Please contact Vicki Bowes on 01273517601 if you would like to visit the school