The St Bart's Multi Academy Trust, in partnership with Governors, staff and children of Stoke Minster CE Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our hard working and committed team.
To work with teachers as part of a professional team to support teaching and learning for SEN pupils. Providing learning support to pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning, such as those with moderate, severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties and/or behavioural, social, communication, sensory or physical disabilities.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as directed by the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate
- Providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress and behaviour
- Support the teacher in recording pupil progress/activities
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate
- Understand and support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils as required
- Work with pupils on therapy or care programmes, designed and supervised by a therapist/care
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs including toileting, hygiene, dressing and eating, as well as help with social, welfare and health matters, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate. Physically assist pupils in activities (may involve short periods of lifting, where mobility is an issue)
- Administer medication in accordance with an agreed plan under direction of healthcare practitioner and following appropriate training
- Update pupil records
- Supervise individuals and groups of pupils throughout the day, including supervision in the classroom, playground and dining areas
- Assist with break-time supervision including facilitating games and activities
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- Support pupils in using basic ICT
- Undertake moving and handling activities as required, assembling and cleaning away of equipment
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the academy, raising any concerns following academy protocol/procedures
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
- Temporary post until 31 August 2024
This job post has expired.