Inner London Weighting
The staff at Ben Jonson Primary School are committed to ensuring that children thrive. The school is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, visionary and highly skilled SENDCo to join us in this mission. Ben Jonson School has a diverse Special Educational Needs register. The successful candidate will be adept and experienced at working with a range of needs, a range of external agencies and families as well as being highly confident in influencing internal policies and ways of working.
The main responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• To take responsibility for the day-to-day provision for pupils with SEND, inclusive of pupils with an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP) or on a SEN support plan, including application, review and implementation of such personalised plans and evaluating needs for children with potential SEND
• Provide professional guidance in the area of SEND in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement for pupils with additional needs. To be a trusted source of expertise, relevant research and practical resources for all staff
• To assist the Assistant Headteacher for Inclusion with the implementation of the Inclusion strategy, and ensuring the practices of the Inclusion service within the school are robust, fit for purpose and compliant with SEND code of practice
• To maintain strong and transparent relationships with key stakeholders, including staff, external professionals and families, ensuring they have an active part of decision making around the child and always ensuring the child’s voice is heard and represented in creative forms
• To lead on outstanding teaching and learning provision to create a fully Inclusive classroom environment, with innovative approaches to assessment, planning and differentiation for children with additional needs
If you join our team you will be well supported in your career through exceptional professional development, a knowledgeable governing body and, most importantly, wonderful children and supportive staff.
Applying for the job
For further details and to download an application form, please visit the schools website.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.