Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo)
This job expired on 24 March 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 9am
3 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - Full time as per STP&CD
- M1 to UPS3
What skills and experience we're looking for
Ormiston Victory Academy is seeking to appoint an experienced and qualified Special Needs Coordinator (SENDCo). The role of Special Needs Coordinator can be highly rewarding, as you will have the opportunity to directly contribute to pupils receiving the support they need to achieve their full potential. As a community, the academy believes in working collaboratively and sharing good practice. If you want to be part of a team which embraces innovation and creativity, then we are interested to hear from you.
The successful candidate will currently hold the National Award for SEN Coordination (or be close to completion) and may also hold many appropriate qualifications for examinations access and diagnostic assessments. Our SENDCo must be passionate about being a true champion for some of our most vulnerable students and provide support to their families.
Key responsibilities will include:
- With the support of the Senior Leadership Team and the SEND department, as the new SENDCo, you will take responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of the SEND policy
- Responsible for the SEND information report and provision made by the academy for students with learning difficulties or disabilities, to ensure they achieve their full potential
- Work closely and proactively with staff, parents/carers, external partners and other agencies
- Inspire and motivate other teachers, model good practice and develop a whole school commitment to supporting pupils with SEND
- Provide professional guidance to staff to help ensure high quality teaching, behaviour management and the effective use of resources to secure an inclusive education
- Lead a team of dedicated Learning & Teaching Assistants
What the school offers its staff
A small number of hours of teaching will also be required, but we do not require a particular subject specialism.
We are proud to be sponsored by Ormiston Academies Trust and the successful candidate would benefit from the opportunities which arise as a result of this, please see the attachments on our website for more information. The academy incorporates the successful and growing Lord Nelson Sixth Form College. We are delighted to be part of the Ormiston Academies Trust OAKS teacher training facility and we have strong links with the University of East Anglia. We offer an excellent induction package for all new staff, led by a member of the senior leadership team and supported by personal mentors.
If you are interested in being at the leading edge of education, believe that all young people can achieve high standards; we want to hear from you.
We would encourage candidates to explore our website for more information about Victory Academy and view our virtual tours. We would encourage early application as we may interview sooner.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ormiston Victory Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1266 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ormiston Victory Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01603 734162
Ormiston Victory was graded ‘outstanding’ in its 2013 inspection by Ofsted and we are committed to making this success sustainable for future generations.
Arranging a visit to Ormiston Victory Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed