Main Pay Range
This is a new role and an exciting opportunity to teach PE and lead sports provision in a primary school. We are looking for a qualified teacher who can demonstrate high standards in sports teaching. The successful applicant will be passionate about inclusive PE and sport with the ability to unlock the potential of Westways children.
This role will involve:
• covering PPA time for teachers across the primary age range
• ensuring the delivery of an inclusive PE and sports curriculum
• leading after school sports clubs and lunchtime activities
• organising sports teams and entering competitions
• leading the PE curriculum across the school
• providing high quality PE training for teaching and support staff
• managing a budget for PE
• liaising with Arches, our school sports partnership organisation
• impacting on the healthy lifestyles of our school community and increasing activity
Applicants will need to:
• increase the engagement and participation of all pupils particularly those who are hard to reach
• demonstrate high standards of planning, teaching and learning;
• bring fun, enthusiasm and high expectations into a creative environment;
• attend a variety of fixtures and after school activities with school teams
• motivate, challenge and inspire children to live active and healthy lifestyles.
We can offer:
• an outward looking school community;
• a supportive team with children and family placed at the centre;
• a strong commitment to professional development;
• opportunities for networking with other schools;
• support from the senior leadership team who are keen to help develop the role
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This would include willingness to participate in relevant training. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of The Police Act 1997. Sheffield City Council is an equal opportunities employer and has publicly committed to this by signing up to the “Two Ticks – Positive About Disabled People” scheme. This ensures that all disabled applicants, able to demonstrate that they meet the minimum criteria of the job description are guaranteed an interview. It is not enough to tick that you are disabled on the monitoring form, if you are disabled and feel this applies to you, please let us know by quoting:- “I am eligible for a guaranteed interview under the two ticks scheme” on your application form at the bottom of the “Suitability for the Job” section. Please make sure this is written as a separate paragraph to make sure it does not get lost in the content of your application.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to visit the school. Appointments can be made to look around school and discuss the post in the week commencing 19 April 2021.
Email Vicky Phillips, School Business Manager on email@example.com for an application pack and to book a visit. Completed application forms can also be returned to this email address.
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 30th April 2021
Interviews and assessment tasks will take place on Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th May 2021.
Applying for the job
Please apply for the position using the attached documents. Please submit your application to Mrs V A Phillips, School Business Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Local authority maintained school
625 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Westways Primary School
Westways is a good school (Ofsted December 2018). We are a large three-form entry primary school situated in the west of Sheffield, close to the city’s universities and hospitals. Located in the vibrant community of Crookes, we benefit from a socially, culturally and ethnically diverse school community. Our children are happy, well behaved and keen to learn. Successful candidates will be well supported by a strong leadership team and dedicated colleagues.
Arranging a visit to Westways Primary School
Appointments can be made to look around school and discuss the post in the week commencing 19 April 2021. Please contact Mrs Phillips to book an appointment.