Specialist Teacher - Mathematics
Newbridge House PRU, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£24,373,.00 to £44,849,.00|
To work sensitively and positively with pupils exhibiting emotional, social and behavioural difficulties.
To implement and deliver Mathematics to Key Stages 2, 3 and 4 incorporating the National Curriculum requirements and in line with the curriculum policies of the school.
To facilitate, support and monitor the overall progress and development of your class.
To foster a learning environment and educational experience which provides pupils with the opportunity to fulfil their individual potential.
To share in the development of the school curriculum, courses of study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment and their review.
To support and contribute to the school’s responsibility for safeguarding children.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree or equivalent in Maths
• Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of recent and substantial experience in delivering provision to children and/or young people including those with Special Educational Needs.
• Experience of teaching Maths to GCSE standard
• Evidence of working with individual students and small groups with additional needs and having contributed to the assessment and tracking of needs and progress.
• Proven successful experience of working effectively with professional colleagues, parents/carers to support pupil progress.
• Proven successful experience of working as part of a team.
• Proven successful experience of teaching to a high standard in accordance with the OfSTED framework.
• Strategies to cope securely with frustration and/or conflict situations and provide a positive role model for pupils experiencing Emotional, Behavioural and Social Difficulties.
• High level of oral and written communication and analysis skills.
SEN Allowance (upper subject to post grad completion)
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||34 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||7 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Newbridge House PRU website (opens in a new window)|
Newbridge House, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13 9HU