PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES: %
1. Provide timely and professional 1st and 2nd Line support including the
identification and resolution of all hardware and software issues to all users
including staff, students and visitors.
2. Undertake preventative maintenance, repairs and technical upgrades as
required with minimal reliance on external organisations to ensure that all ICT
hardware and software across the school is at all times functional and ready for
use in accordance with school requirements.
3. Install and configure new hardware and software as required including network
equipment, workstations, and servers and monitor their use, capacity and
4. Provide training and support to staff across the school including in classroom
support when required.
5. Administration of the schools MIS systems and other schools’ systems including
email, backup and security as required.
6. Maintain all necessary records including work logs, inventories and details of
equipment checks and stock taking as required.
7. Assist the Partnership ICT Manager in planning for and securing improvements
and developments in technology – this includes, as directed, ordering new
hardware, software and consumables.
Partnership ICT Manager (North)
Partnership ICT Manager (South)
8. Ensure that ICT equipment and work stations meet the requirements of health
and safety legislation and are maintained in a clean and safe manner.
Supervisory Management: None
Financial Resources: None
Physical Resources: Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the
Trust computers, hardware and software – approx 800 desktop computers, 300 laptops,
other equipment (printers, projectors, smartboards, amplifiers, voting systems, graphics
tablets etc) under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer.
Lifting/carrying is a feature requiring a moderate level of effort for up to 10% of working time.
All support staff are part of a whole school team. They are required to support the values and
ethos of the school and school priorities as defined in the School Improvement Plan. This will
mean focussing on the needs of colleagues, parents and pupils and being flexible in a busy
This job post has expired.