- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- H7 (between £16,563-£18,032 - dependent upon experience)
Student Healthcare Officer
27.5 hours per week (term time + two weeks)
H7 (between £16,563-£18,032 - dependent upon experience)
Monday-Friday - 9.00am - 2.30pm
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised and caring individual who possesses common sense, flexibility and the ability to communicate positively with a wide range of people. This role would suit a candidate who has a background in a caring or medical profession, who has the ability to provide a clinically effective high-quality service to our students.
Responsibilities will include:
● Supporting students with chronic illnesses and disabilities such as diabetes
● Providing first aid treatment/advice to students and staff
● Administering approved medication to students in line with statutory requirements
● Maintaining effective records, risk assessments and healthcare plans for all students
● Making decisions relating to the referral of students and staff to a doctor or hospital
● Contacting parents/carers with regards to students' welfare and/or sudden illness
● Leading on Schools Immunisation Programme
Applicants must hold a relevant BTEC/NVQ healthcare or nursing qualification and have administration experience, including good IT skills. Any experience with working with young people would also be very helpful.
St Albans Girls School offers:
● A commitment to the professional development of all its staff
● Cycle to work scheme
● Free on-site parking
● Generous pension benefits
● On-site catering facilities
● Use of outdoor pool in the Summer months
St Albans Girls’ School, age range 11 – 18 is an Outstanding school (Ofsted February 2013) with nearly 1,400 students. We are a highly regarded, oversubscribed and friendly all-ability school. GCSE results place us in the top 100 secondary schools in the country and the top 2% nationally for student progress.
The school has an excellent reputation within the local community with strong support from Governors, Parents, Students and a dedicated and highly motivated team of staff.
For further details and an application form please visit www.stags.herts.sch.uk
Completed application forms and a covering letter should be sent to: HR@stags.herts.sch.uk
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 18 October 2021 before 9.00am
Interviews to take place: 20 October 2021
This job post has expired.