Annual or full time equivalent salary
- Grade 5 SCP 6 pro rata
- starting salary £17,330.00 (actual salary)
Student Progression Mentors job summary
This is a fantastic time to join The Rural Enterprise Academy, we are currently recruiting for a number of posts due to the further expansion of our school.
We are seeking to appoint a Student Progression Mentor on a permanent basis to support the educational and pastoral needs of our students in an environment that is both stimulating and supportive. The successful candidate will need to be team players as well as being able to use their own initiative
This post offers an opportunity to join a school where creativity, innovation and the ability to work effectively in a team is valued.
You will be calm under pressure, resilient, confident and be curriculum aware.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of our young people
• Assist with the management of the learning environment, ensuring that any behavioural or physical occurrences are addressed promptly
• Support senior staff by contributing to the development of care and learning plans and contribute to the preparation of reports and update daily records and logs
• Maintain a professional relationship while developing a good rapport with our young people
• Assist with the supervision of pupils at lunchtimes
• Support and assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned
An NVQ 3 qualification (or equivalent experience) is required for this role.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and responsibility. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
All staff working in the School during the school day will have contact with children and will therefore be in regulated activity.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the School is therefore permitted to ask job applicants to declare all convictions and cautions (including those which are "spent" unless they are "protected" under the DBS filtering rules) in order to assess their suitability to work with children
Applying for the job
Completed application forms to be returned by email to HR@penkvalley.co.uk or by post for the
attention of HR at:
The Rural Enterprise Academy,
Application forms and job specification are available on the school website.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews will be held w/c 11 July 2022More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Rural Enterprise Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 173 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
It is a unique school which offers a different educational experience for children who are interested in environment, sustainability and land-based subjects.
The Rural Enterprise Academy is based in a safe, rural setting where pupils have access to a range of high-quality facilities as well as the great outdoors. Our curriculum makes the most of both, ensuring pupils are able to develop the skills and knowledge they need for a career in our specialism.
Our pupils make our school unique and we are very proud of them. Through our research-based approach to teaching and learning, we believe that each and every pupil has the ability to excel regardless of their starting points.
Arranging a visit to The Rural Enterprise Academy
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Caroline Perry via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01785 333360.