Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an outstanding individual to improve the quality of teaching, learning, curriculum and intervention in English across the Trust’s secondary schools, through embedding best practice and building capacity in line with the Trust’s policies and frameworks.
The successful candidate will drive improvements in English attainment across all our schools, by skilfully co-ordinating and supporting both curriculum intent and implementation in English at designated schools.
As English Improvement Lead, you would be deployed across our schools located in five key regions: Lancashire, Greater Manchester, West Yorkshire, West Midlands, and London.
You will have:
- An English degree along with Qualified Teacher Status.
- A National Professional Qualification (NPQ) in middle or senior leadership.
- An in depth knowledge of the AQA specification in GCSE English Language and Literature.
- Experience of delivering outstanding results consistently and a track record of improving results as a subject leader.
- Experience of developing and delivering high impact intervention programmes.
- An ability to analyse assessment data and use it effectively to identify and close gaps in learning.
- Successfully delivered training and coaching for English teachers.
- A passion for securing life-changing outcomes for young people in disadvantaged communities.
About Star Central
Star Central, which is based at our head office in Blackburn, Lancashire, provides leadership, strategic direction and support to Star Academies, Star Institute and our schools.
The Star Central team includes experts from a range of professional backgrounds, who work together to provide an outstanding support service to the Star community. We support our schools to provide educational and operational excellence and to cultivate a strong Star community, with the aim of nurturing today’s young people and inspiring tomorrow’s leaders.
This job post has expired.