- School: Westlands Secondary School
- Salary: MPS/UPS + TLR 2B
- Permanent; Full Time
This post attracts a TLR2b payment, currently £5356 per annum.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and effective Head of Department who can lead our team of specialist Food, Catering and Hospitality teachers. The successful candidate will be an outstanding teacher with high expectations, and they should possess the skills needed to help develop the curriculum and move the already successful department further forward.
Westlands is an 11-18 coeducational, Swale Academies Trust School which is heavily oversubscribed and has an excellent local reputation.
The successful candidate will teach Food Technology across the age and ability range within Key Stage 3 (Years 7 - 9) and the popular Key Stage 4 Hospitality and Catering qualification.
They will be joining a well-resourced and highly successful department and should have the drive and commitment to maintain and continue to improve the current success rate whilst looking to develop and expand the curriculum in the future.
We are looking for candidates who:
- can create, implement and deliver an inspiring curriculum in a vibrant learning environment;
- have evidence of measurable impact as a teacher and/or middle leader;
- have obtained at least a high-quality degree in a technology subject
- have relevant teaching experience and QTS.
- have high expectations and aspirations for all students;
- are committed to our vision to ensure student well-being and good progress is at the heart of everything we do.
Join us and benefit from:
- a friendly, supportive and committed team;
- a well-run department where pupils achieve exceptionally well;
- dedicated food technology teaching spaces and a full-time technician who supports the team;
- pupils who enjoy learning in a dynamic and exciting school;
- teaching a subject that is very popular in Key Stage 4;
- an excellent CPD programme, which gives all staff the opportunity to study further;
- being part of a highly successful trust.
Full details of the requirements of the post can be found in the accompanying recruitment pack.
If you are interested in this post, please contact Peter Humphries firstname.lastname@example.org 01795 477475.
Applications should be made via Kent Teach. Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
If you experience any difficulty in completing the application form, please email@example.com or 01795 426091 (option 2)
We are happy to discuss any support you may need during your application process as part of our reasonable adjustment approach.
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details / application forms on file once the position is filled.
Interview Date: 16th October 2023
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.