Subject Leader for Latin and Classics
This job expired on 23 May 2023
Start date details
23 May 2023 at 11:59pm
27 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Classicsjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Standard Teacher Working Hours
- MPS (Inner London) + £1,500 Harris Allowance + TLR
Performance and Loyalty Bonus + Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan + Pension Scheme (TPS) + Additional Harris Benefits
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic Subject Leader of Latin and Classics to be part of our successful faculty.
The successful candidate will have:
- QTS (or equivalent) and a good, relevant undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of three years teaching experience.
- Proven success in raising achievement across at least two key stages.
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance.
- High level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement.
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development.
- Experience of presenting to a wide audience
- Understanding of how whole Academy strategies can be used across the curriculum to raise standards.
- Evidence of continuous self-development and updated knowledge in the fields of teaching and learning and education management.
- The ability to make sound judgements on standards of teaching and learning observed, giving quality feedback.
- Proven ability to identify and implement strategies to raise standards of Teaching and Learning.
- Ability to lead and manage own work effectively and take responsibility for own professional development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to enhance performance by motivating and developing staff, helping them acquire the skills to improve.
- A passion for education and making a difference.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- The ability to motivate others to high expectations.
- Energy, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour.
- Emotional maturity and resilience dealing with challenging situations.
- Awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity.
What the school offers its staff
Harris Academy Wimbledon opened in September 2018. We are a brand new, co-educational 11-18 school for the High Path area. We currently have 900 students in year 7-11 and will open a 6th form in September 2023.
Harris Academy Wimbledon promotes high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourages participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empowers students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum is rich, diverse and personalised ensuring every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success goes hand-in hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning.
Professional learning is at the heart of academy the academy, supporting all staff in their development. The academy has a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Further details about the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject area.
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole subject/curriculum area and to monitor and support student progress.
- To ensure the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students studying in the department, in accordance with the aims of the academy and the curricular policies determined by the Governing Boy and Principal.
- To teach the relevant subject across the age and ability range.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To effectively manage and deploy staff, financial and physical resources within the department.
- To share and support the school's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- To formulate, in conjunction with the subject team, an annual subject improvement plan that supports the academy improvement plan and is based on rigorous review of subject performance data.
- To lead the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies in the subject area, within the designated area.
- To contribute to the formulation of and subsequently the monitoring, evaluation and reviewed of the faculty improvement plan.
- To ensure that health and safety policies ad practices, including risk assessments are in line with national, local and academy requirements.
- To lead development of the subject and its delivery, reviewing it regularly in the light of academy and national policies, as well the impact on achievement.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Harris Academy Wimbledon
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 672 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Harris Academy Wimbledon website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 020 3962 4300
We opened in September 2018 and are a new, co-educational 11-18 school for the South Wimbledon area. We are now full in Years 7 – 11 and open HAWI6 (our 6th form) in September 2023. We are in a brand-new building with excellent facilities. Harris Academy Wimbledon promotes high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourages participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empowers students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum is rich, diverse and personalised ensuring every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success goes hand-in-hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these activities help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning. Professional learning is at the heart of academy supporting all staff in their development. ; The academy has a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self-esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London