Subject Leader French + German and/or Spanish
17 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
17 April 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 2, Key stage 3
- View all Languagesjobs
- View all Full timejobs - We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic and passionate Languages teacher to lead our Modern Foreign Languages team. We have a secondary approach to our curriculum delivery with specialist teachers providing engaging, challenging and inspiring lessons across all four year groups.
Full-time equivalent salary
What skills and experience we're looking for
As the subject leader for MFL you will:-
- Implement Whole School and Departmental priorities including OFSTED Key Issues for Action.
- Work up strategic review and planning for the delivery of outstanding provision in Holywell’s MFL curriculum
- Contribute to whole-school leadership, development of strategic review and improvement planning.
- Evaluate and update the MFL Department Self Evaluation Form and Improvement Priorities, Curriculum Overview and Resources annually.
What the school offers its staff
Holywell School is a caring, distinctively Christian, community-focussed Church of England School. We aim to continue the historic tradition of Church of England Schools by providing a Christian Values-inspired education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Holywell School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 9 to 13
- Education phase
- View all Middlejobs
- School size
- 730 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 13
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Holywell School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01234 750381
Holywell School is a caring, distinctively Christian, community-focussed Church of England School. We aim to continue the historic tradition of Church of England Schools by providing a Christian Values-inspired education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. As a school, we are a loving, supportive community with high aspirations for all. We promote inclusion, we are proud to belong and we value each individual. We look after each other, believe in second chances and aim to be the best we can be so we can serve and support the common good. Our vision is to ‘Live life in all its fullness’. We aim to be an outstanding Christian learning community where everyone is valued as a unique individual and where everyone feels safe. We will aim to be the best we can possibly be, to treat others as we wish to be treated and to make a positive difference to our community and beyond. We strive to be peaceful problem-solvers with open minds and hearts, living God’s love and being kind. We are a popular and oversubscribed school of 700 students. 2021-2022 will see our final year of expansion. Although situated in the Local Authority of Central Bedfordshire, we straddle the border and have half of our population from Bedford Borough schools. Students are largely drawn from the two villages of Cranfield and Wootton. There is an increasing number of ‘out-of-catchment’ students who are applying to the school because of its good reputation. As part of Central Bedfordshire’s ‘Schools for the Future’ development programme, we are currently exploring a long-term plan to evolve into an 11-16 secondary school.
Arranging a visit to Holywell School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bedford and Bedfordshire