Subject Leader: Music
This job expired on 27 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 May 2023 at 11:59pm
10 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time role
- MSP UPS Inner London
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking a passionate and skilled Head of Department with a can-do ethos, drive, grit, and boundless enthusiasm. It is essential that our Head of Music is a highly effective and suitably qualified teacher with an exceptional understanding of curriculum design, who is supportive of others and openly shares best practice, modelling this with their team. We are seeking someone who can share their passion for Music to transform the lives and lived experiences of human beings. Music is powerful in shaping our lives and there are a wealth of opportunities for careers and life choices that Music can bring for young people with aspirational hopes. We want a leader who will inspire all students to have a love of music.The department is fully equipped with instruments, computers and music writing programmes. Enrichment activities including choir, band and step up to the mic are very popular and students have the opportunity to develop their music appreciation and performance in a variety of settings. Alongside this our music tech club gives keen students the opportunity to develop their skills in music production .The aim of the Music Department is to assist students in becoming informed, imaginative and enquiring musicians, giving them a wide range of musical skills and to use these skills creatively, which, in turn, enhances their enjoyment of music. We are looking for someone who
- Encourages and inspires young people
- Has experience of teaching Music across Key Stages 3 and 4 at least.
- Can manage and lead a department
- Instils a passion for Music in all students, including high-achieving students
- Is an experienced Music teacher who may have experience of being second in charge of a department
- Contributes to the catholic and spiritual life of the school.
What the school offers its staff
What we offer
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including the Walkthru programme and resource support packages.
- Private healthcare benefits.
- Breakfast and lunch for all staff in the Academy Restaurant.
- Access to the on-site Gym facilities.
- The Elizabeth Line is on our doorstep, giving both flexibility in travel and access to a wealth of places across London, Heathrow, Reading, Slough, Kent and the South East. This supports a vibrant social and recreational lifestyle alongside the benefits of transforming the lives of young people.
About St Paul's Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1160 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Paul's Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
St Paul’s Academy seeks to serve young people from both the Catholic and the local community, welcoming all those who embrace its values and share its quest for excellence: • To provide opportunities for young people to develop the knowledge, skills and wisdom necessary for effective learning • To enable learners to develop their intellectual, social, moral, spiritual and physical potential to the full in order to become proactive members of both the local and wider community • To increase aspirations by exploiting educational innovations and opportunities in the best interests of our students and staff
Arranging a visit to St Paul's Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Hinchley Wood School
Claygate Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 0AQ
Anglo European School
Willow Green, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 0DJ
Southborough High School
Hook Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 5AS
Woodbridge High School
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 7DQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London