Subject Leader Science - Key Stage 5
Thomas Deacon Academy, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE1 2UW
This job expired on 17 May 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
As soon as possible
17 May 2022 at 9:00am
5 May 2022
About Thomas Deacon Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs, View all Middlejobs, View all Secondaryjobs, View all 16-19jobs
- School size
- 2382 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- School website
- Thomas Deacon Academy website (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
About Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET)
TDET is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
• Be a passionate, inspiring teacher of Science.
• Have recent experience of successful leadership.
• Be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement.
• Demonstrate experience of inspirational team leadership/membership and development.
• Know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach.
• Be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential.
• Have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
• Be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
The Trust offers:
• excellent salary package.
• fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have any questions regarding this post please contact the HR Team on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state in your personal statement whether you would also like to considered for the KS4 Science Subject Leader role.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed