Subject Leader, Spanish
We are excited to offer this fantastic opportunity for an ambitious teacher of Spanish to join the Ripley family as our new Subject Leader, to join our ambitious and innovative MFL department and be part of a strong and co-operative team.
The successful applicant will be passionate about their subject and a talented teacher, with excellent subject knowledge and the ability to teach Spanish to A Level and French to GCSE.
Please see applicant information pack for full details.
Essential educational requirements
A good honours degree in MFL
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to teach Spanish to A Level and French to GCSE
• A genuine belief in the value of each child
• A knowledge of the GCSE and NC requirements of the subject
• A good knowledge and understanding of current curricular developments in MFL
• The ability to maintain a high standard of teaching and learning
• The ability to establish firm, fair and effective discipline
• A willingness to be part of a team
• High levels of commitment, motivation and initiative
• Good ICT skills
• The ability to relate well to all members of the school community
• Good communication skills
• High personal standards and high expectations of themselves and others
• A flexible approach to school life
• A desire to contribute to a range of co-curricular activities
• A willingness to contribute to the exploration and development of additional KS4 courses.
• An excellent health and attendance record
• A willingness to support and promote the school’s distinctive Christian ethos
We can offer:
A TLR allowance of £2,796 per annum (included in salary range shown above)
A school with a distinctive Christian mission, ethos and strong traditions, dating back to 1864
The opportunity to work in a school graded as outstanding in all areas by both Ofsted and SIAMS (Church school inspection)
A highly achieving 11-18 school with consistently excellent results at GCSE and A Level
Fantastic pupils who are hardworking, enthusiastic and impeccably behaved
Supportive and aspirational parents
A dedicated, enthusiastic and highly professional staff team
A professional working environment in which all staff are valued, listened to and able to fully use their gifts and talents.
The opportunity to contribute to outstanding teacher training as part of the Ripley TSA SCITT
The opportunity to teach A Level in our large and expanding Sixth Form
Excellent teaching resources and facilities, from the Grade 2* listed Chapel to brand new buildings and facilities
Extra-curricular sporting facilities for staff including fully equipped gym, swimming pool and running track
Career development recruitment incentives:
A bespoke CPD programme for all staff, exciting career opportunities and individual teaching and leadership coaching
Access through the Teaching School to a range of middle and senior leadership programmes
About Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy
Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy is situated in the historic City of Lancaster within easy distance of the wonderful scenery of Morecambe Bay, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. The academy is a member of The Bay Learning Trust and is a National Teaching School and National Support School with its own SCITT. Ripley has a deeply embedded Christian ethos and a tradition of nurture and service within a strong school community. Our young people are delightful, eager to learn and make a positive difference in society. Ripley is a large and very successful school with a long history and great tradition. We were designated as Outstanding in all categories in our most recent inspection. In addition, we were designated Outstanding in our recent Church School inspection and in the Ofsted inspection of our teacher training provision. There are currently over 1700 students on roll with over 380 of those in the sixth form and there are around 180 staff. We are privileged to work with wonderful young people who are keen to learn and eager to achieve. The school serves a wide community with pupils coming from around 60 feeder primary schools. Ripley is first and foremost a church school and all staff need to be fully supportive of the Christian ethos of the school. We look for teachers who will work hard and contribute to the whole school community. As a National Teaching School, we offer staff support and training of the highest quality. Teaching and Learning is our primary focus and all teachers work together on the craft of teaching. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and to an enhanced Disclosing and Barring Service check.
- Ashton Road, Lancaster, Lancashire, LA1 4RS
- Ripley St Thomas Church of England Academy website (opens in a new window)