Subject Specialist Primary Teacher - English
Subject Specialist Primary Teacher – English
Reporting to: Principal
Start date: January 2020
Salary: Ark Upper Pay Scale 1-5 (Inner London)
(TLR available for the right candidate)
To specialise in English and deliver outstanding teaching and learning to give pupils a greater depth to their learning in order to better prepare them for secondary school.
To design an engaging and challenging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate the subject and its application.
For the right candidate an opportunity for middle leadership, leading their subject specialism across the academy.
• To deliver lessons and sequences of lessons to the highest standard that ensure real learning takes place and pupils make superior progress
• To improve the quality of teaching and learning in your subject specialism and where possible, throughout the school.
• To provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
• To help to maintain/establish discipline across the whole academy
• To contribute to the effective working of the academy.
Outcomes and Activities
Teaching and Learning
• Enrich the curriculum with trips and visits to enhance the learning experience of all pupils
• With direction from the Headteacher and within the context of the academies curriculum and schemes of work, plan and prepare effective teaching modules and lessons
• Teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and improve pupil attainment
• Use regular assessments to set targets for pupils, monitor student progress and respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring
• To produce/contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual and groups of pupils
• Develop plans and processes for the classroom with measurable results and evaluate those results to make improvements in student achievement
• Ensure that all pupils achieve at least at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at chronological age level
• Maintain regular and productive communication with pupils, parents and carers, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications
• Provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual pupils and groups of pupils
• Direct and supervise teaching support staff assigned to lessons and when required participate in related recruitment and selection activities
• Implement and adhere to the academies behaviour management policy, ensuring the health and well-being of pupils is maintained at all times
• Participate in preparing pupils for external examinations.
• Support the academies values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies practices and procedures
• Help create a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
• Help develop a culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement
• To be active in issues of student welfare and support
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professional in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support as required.
• Undertake , and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the line manager or Headteacher.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK - QTS
Essential skills and experience
• Experience of raising attainment of all pupils in a challenging classroom environment
• Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
• Evidence of continually improving teaching and learning in their year group through schemes of work, assessment and extra-curricular activities etc.
• Up to date knowledge in the primary curriculum
• Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour.
• Effective team member and leader
• High expectations for accountability and consistency
• Vision aligned with Ark’s high aspirations, high expectations of self and others
• Genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
• Motivation to continually improve standards and achieve excellence
• Commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of all pupils.
Discount at major retailers
About Ark Bentworth Primary Academy
- Bentworth Road, London, W12 7AJ
- Ark Bentworth Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)