Systems and Data Lead
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Monday to Friday
Is this vacancy what you have been looking for - A new role to the Trust and one the right person can help shape and design as we develop our business.
We are seeking a Systems and Data Lead to join our multi academy Trust, based in the Leicestershire area. The Systems and Data Lead champions and promotes best practices in data management for the full term of the data life-cycle. The successful person would work closely with the Trust Leader to support the Trusts long term strategy and help enhance internal operations around data and systems development.
This position requires high levels of energy and enthusiasm along with scrupulous attention to detail. The primary role is to ensure the Trust’s Management Information Systems across all departments are developed and maintained to provide accurate information that allows the Trust to make informed data driven decisions. Accuracy of data is key and must be both robust and wide ranging.
If you are ambitious, values driven and committed to using the latest technologies to develop the best possible information services to take the Trust forward, we’d love to hear from you. Evidence of a high level of attention to detail in order to deal with and process large and diverse datasets is needed. You will need good communication skills and the ability to work with people from different backgrounds and all levels of seniority. Evidence of good problem-solving skills is essential.
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
- Can help plan and support the implementation of the Trusts Digital and Data strategies while having an oversight of the design, development, management, integration and running of the school in-house databases and data systems.
- Possesses a wide range of digital and technological skills, including systems architecture and Power BI, as well as T-SQL querying & data processing. Knowledge of educational MIS systems: SIMS, Scholarpack and SAMpeople, for example, would be preferable but not essential.
- Has experience in scoping and delivering analysis to meet customer needs and support decision making; implementing a range of statistical and analytical tools and techniques to draw out conclusions from data.
- Has a proven ability to work with stakeholders and team members to achieve results and follow good practice
- Has a passion for looking ahead to the future data needs of the organisation.
- Has experience in presenting raw data to ensure accuracy and ease of use.
We can offer:
- A positive working environment with flexibility of workplace – this may include some home working.
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through Trust partners.
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement.
- Exciting new role - that can be developed as business need is established.
- Company Pension
- Flexible working option
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal
- Eyecare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Why choose us:
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Discovery is a Trust committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this position.
Candidates will be assessed as their application is received, therefore early application is recommended and we may interview before the closing date if sufficient strong applicants apply.
This job post has expired.