- £27,600 - £41,604 per annum
Teacher job summary
School: The White Rose Federation – Barlow Church of England Primary School
Address: Park Road, Barlow, YO8 8ES
School Tel: 01757 618319
Executive Headteacher: Mrs. Suzanne MacDonald
Job Title: Class Teacher
Salary: Main Scale 1-Upper pay scale 3, dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time
Barlow Church of England Primary School
Full Time Class Teacher to start September 2022. Not suitable for Main scale 1 ECT’S.
The Executive Headteacher and Governors of the White Rose Federation are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher who will contribute effectively to our journey of school improvement.
We are a small, thriving school in a rural community. Following the introduction of a nursery at the school, the school roll has increased and this has provided an opportunity to expand the staffing structure. We currently have 3 classes in our school. Class 1 is nursery, reception and Year 1, Class 2 is Year 2/3/4 and Class 3 is Year 5/6. The successful candidate will teach in any one of these classes upon appointment, allowing for the right candidate to match the right age range.
You will need to bring creativity, enthusiasm and a passion for learning to our dedicated teaching team. Our school is a welcoming, inclusive, learning community with children at the heart of all that we do. Our collaborative learning ethos and strong parental partnerships ensures that all members of our school community have a love of learning and a determination to ensure that all children achieve their full potential.
• Have a track record of delivering good/outstanding outcomes for children
• Lead planning activities and deliver inspirational lessons to individual groups and classes based upon sound curriculum knowledge
• Identify and address gaps in children’s learning
• Understand the impact of the learning environment upon children and staff
• Monitor children’s progress, assess their achievement, record results and make accurate observations
• Have a ‘can do’ mentality with a desire to overcome any challenges that arise
• Be a team-player with good communication and inter-personal skills
• Have good organisational and time management skills
• Embrace change and be willing to be flexible
• Be committed to professional development and have high expectations of your own practice
• Be prepared to support the Christian ethos of our school.
In return, we offer:
• Mixed-age teaching support
• A clear vision for school improvement
• A full-time teaching assistant to support accelerated learning in the class
• Wonderful children and a supportive community
• A warm and friendly working environment
• An inclusive school, where high standards and excellence is valued
• Staff that are supportive and dedicated to delivering the best possible outcomes for our children and families
• A dedicated governing body
• A personalised professional development plan, supported by coaching and mentoring to support career progression
If you feel that you can contribute to making a significant difference to the lives of our children, then please arrange a visit to come and have a look around or contact the executive headteacher to have a discussion before submitting an application.
An application may be submitted to the admin email address: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which will be required of all candidates.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 17th May at midday.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified before Wednesday 18th May before 5.30pm
Interview Day: Monday 23rd May.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Barlow Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 66 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Thank you for taking the time to visit our school website and we hope this gives you a flavour of what we have to offer our families.
Barlow is part of The White Rose Federation of schools, a three school family 'branching out together' to make the education of our children truly exceptional.
At Barlow, your child is valued for their individuality, nurtured to ensure they achieve their best, given every opportunity to grow in confidence, enabling them to contribute positively to our school family. We are proud of our church school status and we endeavour to live out our core values of friendship, endurance and peace each day. They underpin all that we do, being supported by the Diocese of York and our dedicated team of staff, governors, parents and carers.
We see education as a partnership between your home and our school. We provide an exciting and inclusive, happy and caring school in which we have high expectations for all our pupils.
We are so pleased to announce that, following a two day Ofsted inspection in June 2019, we have been graded as a Good school in all areas. We are so proud of the team across the federation and the report reflects the effort and commitment shown by the pupils, staff, governors and families at Barlow School to provide the very best learning opportunities for our children.
Choosing the right school for your child is crucial. We firmly believe that Barlow is a special place and we always welcome visits to our school from prospective parents at any point in the school year. This gives us the opportunity to share with you our passion for learning and our commitment to our children and their families. If you are new to Barlow, then I hope that you are able to find all the information you need on this website. If you have any other questions, please contact me directly at the school.