Class teacher - required from September 2020 or earlier if possible
This is a full time (27.5 hours per week), permanent position
Main Scale Points 1-6 (£24,373 up to £35,971 FTE) although candidates on the upper pay scale will be considered
Do you want to make a real difference whilst working in an ambitious school which seeks to broaden the horizons of its children? Are you enthusiastic about creating a vibrant curriculum that is dedicated to providing motivating learning opportunities, setting unashamedly high expectations and offering engaging experiences?
Burford Primary and Nursery school is seeking to appoint an excellent teaching practitioner who has high expectations of pupil progress and a drive for self-development. We are a happy, pragmatic and creative school passionate about moving all children forward in their learning. If you are seeking an ambitious opportunity to create an inspiring, fun and inclusive learning environment, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
This position would be open to both experienced colleagues with excellent subject knowledge and NQTs beginning their teaching career. You will need to demonstrate that you have the potential to become an outstanding practitioner who can motivate and challenge our pupils. You must be committed to working in partnership with our children, parents, governors, partner schools and the wider community.
The position will initially be in our Year 6 class but we are looking for a candidate with the skills to teach throughout school.
You are someone who is:
• Creative, positive and motivating with the drive to ‘go above and beyond’ to provide fun, meaningful and purposeful learning opportunities for your class and in a way that is relevant to our community
• A good practitioner with the potential to become outstanding, who has high expectations and a commitment to continuously raise standards and improve our children’s cultural capital
• Knowledgeable about the curriculum - including wider curriculum subjects - and who understands the learning journey from EYFS to Key Stage 2
• Able to communicate an inclusive attitude whilst setting high expectations for all learners
• A reflective practitioner who continues to look for ways to improve their practice
• A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills who looks forward to collaborating with our small-but-friendly team
• Confident when working to develop your own inspiring curriculum for your class
• Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to build on and maintain strong relationships with staff, parents and carers, children, governors and the local and wider community.
In return we offer:
• A primary school committed to becoming outstanding with a vibrant atmosphere and team who are willing go the extra mile to develop a curriculum which responds to the passions of both children and teachers
• A happy, supportive and inclusive school community led by a senior leadership team committed to maintaining the wellbeing of its children and adults
• Respectful, well behaved children who care for one another and have high aspirations
• Excellent professional development opportunities through an extensive range of network groups and other Transform Trust initiatives
• Excellent partnerships between pupils, staff, parents, governors and community
• A forward-thinking approach to teaching and learning throughout the school
• Career opportunities as part of a successful Multi Academy Trust
You will be joining us at a very exciting time and we would welcome the opportunity to invite you into our school for a walk round, and an informal cup of tea and a chat, so that we can decide whether we are the school for you, and you are the right teacher for our children!
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange a mutually convenient time for a visit.
How to apply
Please contact Sarah Harding, the school’s Office Manager, (0115 9151560 firstname.lastname@example.org) for an application form and details of how to apply for this position.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 24th February 2020. Interviews are likely to be held on Monday 2nd March.
Transform Trust is a Multi Academy Trust with over 6800 children in 18 Primary Schools covering Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Derby. Joining us, you will be part of an ambitious and innovative organisation. We promote the autonomy and local nature of each of our schools and we are an enabling organisation rather than a directive one.
We believe education has the power to transform lives and communities. Our Vision is to provide high quality education and deliver the best outcomes for children.
We are partners in East Midlands Maths Hub, Derby Research School, Inspiring Leaders and Challenge Partners.
We can offer you:
• Unrivalled opportunities for professional development through our schools and Transform Teaching School Alliance
• Trust support networks
• Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
• Annual staff survey to allow you to provide us with feedback on what it’s like to work for us
• Annual children’s/staff awards which celebrates the successes and achievements of our children and staff
For more information about us please watch the Transform film at www.transformtrust.co.uk
Transform Trust and its Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures, including satisfactory references, medical, enhanced DBS with children’s barred list clearance and completion of safeguarding children in education training. Don’t forget to check out our Recruitment Privacy Notice
Essential educational requirements
see job description
see job description and person specification
Essential skills and experience
see job description and person specification
Staff benefits such as 24/7/365 employee welfare support; tax saving salary sacrifice schemes; a staff benefits scheme that offers a host of benefits and discounts
About Burford Primary and Nursery School
Our vision is summed up in the 3A's - Attend, Aspire and Achieve - which is our school motto. Our aim at Burford is to promote achievement in every aspect of our children’s life. We strive to ensure every child achieves the highest possible academic standards whilst working to develop the character of all children so they become resilient, empathetic, critical thinkers. We work to broaden the life experiences of our children to show them the myriad opportunities they have . We do this in the hope that our children will go on to make a positive contribution to wider society as they grow up. o achieve our aims we know there must be consistently strong, innovative teaching in school that is responsive to children’s needs and interests. This means we must have an exciting, broad and balanced curriculum that makes learning fun, engaging and purposeful. Our curriculum must also encourage practical experiences, it must be immersive and responsive to current events. We also strive to develop a culture in school where children and staff are happy and enthusiastic about learning in the widest sense of the word. This culture grows when children and staff have relationships that are warm and built on mutual respect.
- Oxclose Lane, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 6FX
- Burford Primary and Nursery School website (opens in a new window)