- Job role
Suitable for early career teachersSEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 months to cover Maternity Leave)
Wanted to cover a 12 month maternity leave beginning in January 2022, (covering maternity in the first instance, but this could well lead to a permanent appointment)
We are looking to appoint a teacher capable of teaching a class of 10-12 low ability pupils, English, maths and PSHE, an interest in animal care also welcomed.
We will expect you to have excellent, up-to-date knowledge of the curriculum, teaching and learning both in terms of planning, lesson delivery and assessment.
You will also need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a teaching team of highly motivated practitioners across school and to support the needs of all children.
The post requires someone who is an inspirational, reflective and creative teacher with a passion to improve the life chances of our pupils and make every child feel ‘special’, with excellent classroom management and organisational skills.
You will need to:
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a positive attitude and be committed to sharing good practice
- Be able to competently & positively manage pupil behaviour
- Show initiative and creativity in your approach to teaching & learning
- Be organised and efficient and demonstrate the ability to improve outcomes for children
- Be thoroughly committed to safety and well-being for all our pupils
- Demonstrate the aptitude to work as part of a successful team liaising with parents and other visiting professionals
- Exhibit a willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
Previous experience of working in a special school or specifically with SEN pupils is not essential, we are looking to appoint the right person to join our school, appropriate training can be provided
Applying for the job
For further details and an application form please go to our website:
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- School type
- Academy, ages 6 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 260 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 6 to 19
About Combe Pafford School
Combe Pafford School caters for pupils aged 8 - 19 who have moderate learning difficulties, physical difficulties, or ASC.
At Combe Pafford we strive to offer every pupil the best education we can provide whether in the classroom, through visits, by helping to develop important personal and social skills, on residential visits in the UK and abroad, or through work related learning and vocational activities.
Further details about our school can be found on our website: www.combepaffordschool.co.uk
Arranging a visit to Combe Pafford School
Despite the present difficulties, we positively encourage anyone considering applying to visit the school if they are able, please call the school to make an appointment for a tour
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.