Teacher Early Years /Key Stage 1
This job expired on 17 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
17 February 2023 at 5pm
3 February 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - 27.5 Hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000 - £38,810
- M1 - M6 -
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To teach a class in a year group suited to your experience and to the needs of the school.
- To work within a philosophical framework that supports and enhances the ethos and climate of the school, as stated within the agreed aims.
- To teach within, and have a good knowledge of, curriculum guidelines and policies, making appropriate use of these in conjunction with statutory obligations, to provide a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for all pupils.
- To provide a learning environment where children are expected to act and think independently yet with concern for the needs of others.
- To use a variety of teaching styles appropriate to the learning situation that enhance and facilitate a learning environment.
- To maintain a tidy, well ordered, attractive, stimulating, safe learning environment where children’s work is displayed with care and sensitivity, placing value on individual effort as well as the final product.
- To liaise with other teachers in the year groups, Key Stage and cross phase as appropriate to the age of the class, in planning, delivering, evaluating, assessing and recording each area of the curriculum.
- To understand the further duties and responsibilities associated with the role of class teacher, including fostering a welcoming and caring ethos that values the contribution and achievements of all members of the school community, encouraging a high standard of behaviour among all pupils, leading assemblies, participating in staff meetings and discussions with parents and governors. To contribute to displays in public areas and share in the general duties and administration of the school.
- To review teaching methods, take part in in-service training, contribute to in-house training, carry out research and disseminate to colleagues, and build up a personal professional development portfolio.
- Implement all collegiate decisions thereby maintaining a professional image that shows loyalty to the school.
What the school offers its staff
- a friendly, calm environment with motivated pupils
- a supportive governing body
- excellent CPD which is developed to suit the needs ofthe individual
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Corby Old Village Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 207 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01536 202359
Corby Old Village Primary School is a small village school set within the heart of the historic Corby Old Village. We are a creative and dynamic staff team, who pride ourselves on the excellent behaviour and family ethos of the school. In Jan 2019, we were graded as ‘good’ by Ofsted and we would love to hear from anyone who wishes to join us on our journey to ‘outstanding’.
Arranging a visit to Corby Old Village Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Northborough Primary School
Church Street, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE6 9BN
Newton Road School
Newton Road, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 0HH
Farndon Fields Primary School
Argyle Park, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 9JH
Blaby Thistly Meadow Primary School
Hospital Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE8 4FE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Northamptonshire and Northampton