This job expired on 5 December 2022 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 January 2023
5 December 2022 at 12pm (midday)
24 November 2022
- Key stage 1
- View all Full timejobs - Full time post Monday to Friday (inclusive)
- M1 to UPS 3
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for teachers who:
- Fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- Meet the expectations set out in the Teachers’ Standards
- Have excellent knowledge of the Primary National Curriculum
- Work in accordance to the SEND code of practice
- Can model exemplary practice and have a proven track record of impact on children’s achievement and wellbeing
- Are self-reflective and have the desire to be the best they can be
- Have a professional attitude, are great role models and really want to make a difference for children and families
- Are great innovators who want to work with others to create exciting new learning opportunities for the children in their care
• Are ambitious for themselves and their children and want to be school leaders of the future
What the school offers its staff
What we offer:
- A supportive, enthusiastic and inspiring team to grow and develop with
- A vibrant, professional environment in which to work with a focus on the wellbeing of staff and children
- Confident children with great attitudes to learning
- Staff benefits such as high-quality professional development for all our staff, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, partnership work with local schools and onsite parking facilities
- Our dedicated support staff, including Learning Support Assistants, IT Technician, Swimming Teacher, Business Manager, Administration, Premises and Catering Teams, ensure that you are able to fully concentrate on teaching
- Inner London weighting
- A SLT who believes good staff wellbeing is essential for motivating staff and for promoting pupil wellbeing, progress and attainment
Further details about the role
Thank you for your interest for the position of Class Teacher at John Perry Primary School. Please visit our website for additional information. We encourage visits to our school.
John Perry is a vibrant and rewarding place to teach. Comments from our most recent Ofsted inspection (December 2018) show:
- The school provides a safe and secure environment for pupils.
- Pupils are rightly proud of their school, enjoy positive relationships with their teachers and make good progress.
- Pupils are extremely welcoming to visitors to the school and are keen to talk about their learning.
We are a 3-form entry school. Our Ofsted rating is ‘Good’ (December 2018) and have been praised for our inclusive work in our Additional Resource Provision (ARP).
Our school is situated in Dagenham, within easy transport links into and out of Central London. A five minute walk will get you to Dagenham East Tube station (District Line). We offer free onsite parking.
We aim to ensure every child succeeds to the best of their ability and receives a broad and balanced education which fosters a love of learning for life. We are committed to continuous improvement and developing a sense of shared purpose across our school community. Children benefit from our heated swimming pool, two large grass playing fields and very large playgrounds as well as separate outdoor Nursery and Reception learning areas and a garden area.
We provide training, support and career opportunities to teachers at all stages of career progression, from Early Career Teachers, to Subject Leads through to Middle and Senior Leaders.
If you would like to be part of a diverse, creative and innovative staff team who is committed to make a difference to children’s lives, then our school is the place for you.
Commitment to safeguarding
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to clear reference checks and a DBS at enhanced level. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About John Perry Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 603 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- John Perry Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
Arranging a visit to John Perry Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Avanti House Primary School
Common Road, Stanmore, HA7 3JB
Kilmorie Primary School
Kilmorie Road, London, SE23 2SP
Castle Hill Primary School
Buckland Road, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 1JE
Goodrich Community Primary School
Dunstans Road, London, SE22 0EP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Barking and Dagenham and Essex, Southend and Thurrock