Teacher of A-Level Psychology (Maternity Cover)
This role is open to applications from both newly qualified and experienced Science teachers.
Job Purpose: To enable all students to achieve their potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To value and contribute to the school’s culture of achievement and to its commitment to raising standards of performance.
• To champion all whole-school policies so that students’ learning, health and safety are consistently supported.
• To be committed to the progress of all students, whatever their starting points.
• To plan and deliver dynamic and engaging learning experiences and provide meaningful feedback that supports students’ next steps.
• To ensure that regular termly systematic student attainment checks are carried out, followed up and reported in line with the published schedule.
• To ensure that curriculum coverage, continuity and progression for all students and that appropriate use is made of baseline data and value added identified.
• To take into account the needs of students on the SEN register.
• To ensure the effective development of students’ literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
• To oversee the arrangements for homework and independent learning.
• To oversee the preparation of students for all assessments and examinations in the subject/s and reporting to parents.
• To monitor students’ attendance at and behaviour in lessons, liaise with the Heads of Year and Faculty in this respect, and to use the school’s referral system.
• To encourage the display and celebration of student’s work in the school.
• To liaise with parents and students providing guidance for 16+ and FE/HE courses.
• To attend and participate in all scheduled meetings in accordance with the school’s published calendar.
• To share in supervisory duties in accordance with the school’s published rotas.
• To be conversant with all published school information.
• To keep lesson registers and to record details of classwork and homework set for students.
• To participate in public and internal examination arrangements together with any other review or assessment programmes and to report on these in accordance with published schedules.
• To keep up to date with local and national developments within the subject and with wider professional policy changes.
• To contribute to the formulation and implementation of departmental and faculty policies.
• To be responsible for your teaching room with regard to its good order, appearance, health and safety.
• To be responsible for the best use, supervision and security of any resources allocated to you.
• To share in the responsibilities of your faculty and of your own specific subject/s.
• To comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy.
Essential educational requirements
We are looking to appoint a dynamic and excellent classroom teacher. You will be able to enthuse pupils across the age and ability range through the quality of your teaching. You will need to be flexible and open, resourceful and positive.
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
This position would be suitable for either experienced teachers or new entrants to the profession.
About Langley Park School for Girls
- Hawksbrook Lane, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3BE
- Langley Park School for Girls website (opens in a new window)