Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Art and design
£25,714 to £41,604
- Maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject and to take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work
- Plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs.
- Devise & implement a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies and guidelines for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management.
- Ensure that you safeguard and promote the welfare of students in the school.
- Set expectations for students in your teaching groups and give them clear and constructive feedback.
- Evaluate progress of students in your teaching groups and give them clear and constructive feedback.
- Record assessments as outlined in the school’s Assessment Policy and meet statutory requirements for reporting to parents.
- Ensure that, as a result of your teaching, your students achieve well relative to their prior attainment, making progress as good as or better than similar students nationally and in the School.
- Participate in arrangements made in accordance with regulations for the management of your own performance and that of other teachers.
- Make an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and plan of your curriculum team
- Support and promote the whole school’s continuing evaluation and enhancement of its methods of quality assurance
- Assume responsibility for a tutor group
Applying for the job
To register your interest in joining CSET please download our application form, complete, and email it back to our internal recruitment team - cset-recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 9am, Monday 19th April 2021.
More on how to apply
To keep up to date with all of our latest current opportunities please visit our Talent Pool (eteach.com).
Further details and additional information about our school may be viewed on our website Castle School Education Trust - Home (www.cset.co.uk)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1312 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Downend School
“There is always hope, as long the canvases are empty” said Gustav Klimt, can you inspire hope in our students then we want to hear from you.
Downend School, part of Castle School Education Trust (CSET) is looking for an inspirational and innovative Art Teacher to join us on a permanent basis from September 2021.
Downend School is an exciting and vibrant learning community where every student is supported to achieve their absolute best and we are proud of the encouraging and supportive culture our school has.
The Art department aims to provide students with a varied and stimulating curriculum that students can enjoy and take great pleasure and pride in. Students are encouraged to be inquisitive and independent thinkers with teachers taking on the role of facilitators as well as educators.
We can offer you:
Commitment to CPD and development of all staff including collaborative support and instructional coaching to allow teachers to thrive
A clear curriculum vision and focus on evidence-based practice
Commitment to inclusivity and fostering of diversity
Values and vision that are lived not laminated
Open and honest culture
To register your interest in joining CSET please download our application form, complete, and email it back to our internal recruitment team - cset-recruitment by 9am, Monday 19th April 2021.
To keep up to date with all of our latest current opportunities please visit our Talent Pool .
Further details and additional information about our school may be viewed on our website Castle School Education Trust - Home