£29915 - £41136 per annum
Teacher of Biology
Bexleyheath, KENT, DA6 7DA
Main Pay Range (Outer London weighting)
Full time, Permanent
September 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
Bexleyheath Academy is a non-selective comprehensive situated in the heartland of Kent grammar schools. The school is currently in special measures but will not be there for long. The Executive Director for Bexleyheath Academy and the Principal have both recently joined and have previously been responsible for the turnaround at Harris Academy Battersea. Under their leadership, the school moved from special measures to outstanding and rose from the bottom in Wandsworth to become one of the only schools in England to record a Progress 8 score of more than +1 in all three years of the measure. It also won the 'Evening Standard School of the Year Award' and was designated as a 'World-Class' in 2018. Bexleyheath is at the start of the same journey and is actively seeking passionate and dedicated teachers who will join this fight to ensure that our students go on to lead remarkable lives. We have students from all walks of life and will give each of them, no matter how difficult their start, access to every walk of life.
As a teacher within the school, you will be pivotal in redefining what is possible for the students within our care. We are not a competitive school of individual superstars; we are a fiercely determined collective group of staff who will always work together to ensure the best outcomes for the students. All that we ask of our teachers is that they dedicated to children and will always be open to feedback and seek to improve their own practice. We offer a wide range of CPD and an absolute focus on the foundations of what makes a strong classroom. Equally, we are always building future leaders amongst the excellent staff that we hire and leadership development is a significant focus within the school. In joining us, we will make sure that when you look to make the next step in your career we have given you every opportunity to do so successfully.
In terms of the broader school, we recognise that teaching is a demanding career and it is our aim to make sure that staff who have chosen to join the profession are as well supported as they can be. We have a zero tolerance approach to anything that interrupts the learning in a classroom and our central team deals with all behaviour issues, non-completion of homework, phone-calls and detentions to make sure that teachers are as free as possible to do the three things that matter most: mark, plan and teach.
Any position in education is inevitably laden with values and ideals and we are a school built on a shared ownership of these. We wish to give our students the very best start that we can in life and, through hard work and determination, we hope that these values and ideals start to take shape as something recognisable in the futures that we help build.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
* More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
* More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
* More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
* More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
* More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
* More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
* Should you wish to find out more about what we do or would like to talk to the Principal directly, then please feel free to do so using We are always open to visitors at any point.
Closing date: Monday 14 June 2021
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
* Safer Recruitment Statement Vision Brochure
* BHA Teacher of Science.pdf