Teacher of Boys PE job summary
Our opportunity for you
This is an exciting time to join Landau Forte Academy, Amington. We are a forward thinking over-subscribed 11-16 academy on a mission to provide high quality education for our local community. We have high expectations for our students and our academy is built upon our shared values: ambitious, brave and kind.
As with all posts at Amington, we are looking for dedicated, committed and inspirational individuals to provide high quality teaching to our wonderful students.
If successful, you will become part of our community. You will be supported in your career with opportunities to achieve nationally recognised qualifications and we invest in our staff by offering protected time, within the Academy day, for continual professional development. We have dedicated time to create a feedback and assessment policy that prioritises student progress but utilises live marking in the classroom, and whole-class feedback to enable staff to use their PPA time to focus on delivering exceptional learning. Collaboration flourishes within our faculties and shared planning empowers our staff to offer an exciting and unreservedly ambitious, challenging and engaging curriculum.
We care about our staff and staff wellbeing is integral to our decision making. We are committed to prioritising the wellbeing of our staff through a wellbeing committee and by committing to the Education Staff Wellbeing Charter.
• Contract: Full time
• Start date: September 2022
• Salary: MPS
• Closing Date: Friday 20th May 1pm
About The Trust
Landau Forte Charitable Trust is a family of six Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form Academies across the Midlands. Established in 1989, our roots as a charity lie in the global finance and hospitality industries, with our founders Martin Landau and Rocco Forte. Their values combine in how our schools look after their children and young people; they aspire to a world-leading standard of innovation, entrepreneurship, service and care.
We believe a brilliant education should be central to the development of every child and young person. Their learning, wellbeing and happiness is at the centre of every decision we take and every pound we spend.
• A PE graduate with qualified teacher status
• A well-qualified teacher in PE, with a strong teaching record, though NQTs are welcome to apply
• Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the appointment
• Excellent in-depth knowledge of the place of PE in the development of young people and of the place of PE within the wider curriculum
• An interest in the latest developments in PE teaching and research
• Excellent relationships with students and parents
• A Willingness to explore innovative and dynamic methods for teaching and learning
• High levels of enthusiasm, ambition, energy, resilience and determination
• Competent in the use of ICT both as an administrative tool and in teaching, learning and assessment practices
• There will be an expectation to teach extra-curricular sports to include; athletics, basketball, cricket and rugby.
• Ensure that teaching, learning and assessment meets the needs of learners, impacting positively upon student attainment and achievement.
• Set and maintain high standards, expectations and aspirations for both staff and students, ensuring that all are treated with dignity and respect and that students receive appropriate guidance, support and recognition.
• Ensure the effective preparation, planning and delivery of the PE department’s learning programmes, utilising flexible approaches to learning including the application of online learning.
• Ensure that appropriate, challenging attainment targets are set and used with all students and monitor their performance in terms of attainment, achievement (both quantifiable value added measures and broader qualitative achievements) and progress in respect of the outcomes from learning programmes and activities.
• Monitor the quality and effectiveness of Assessment of Learning and Assessment for Learning, ensuring that the marking, assessment, recording and reporting processes are both effective and compliant with Academy policies.
• Operate as a Learning Tutor and as a Personal Tutor.
What we can offer you
• A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
• The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
• Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
• A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) or Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
• Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
• Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42; junction 10
• Direct trains from Birmingham (15 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
• Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
Apply for this job
Complete the application form online
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
This job post has expired.