Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Business studies, Economics
Teacher of Business
Part-time Position (0.7 to 0.9 FTE) Permanent
Start Date: September 2021
Applications are sought from enthusiastic, dedicated and well-qualified teachers of Business to join a highly successful faculty within our exceptional school.
We are seeking a highly skilled teacher to help build upon the success that the Economics and Business Department has experienced in recent years. You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and driven individual who has the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students.
NQT applications are welcome. The successful candidate will be able to teach Business Studies at GCSE. There is also the possibility of teaching Economics at A level, or alternatively another subject at KS3 – there is some flexibility in the size of this part-time role.
Pate’s combines a relaxed atmosphere with academic rigour, and the pupils are a pleasure to teach. The school has superb facilities in new buildings on a spacious site. We recognise that our staff are the most important reason for the school’s success and we invest heavily in the professional development of our team.
The Economics and Business Department
• The Economics and Business Department is located in the new wing of the school and has two well-equipped teaching classrooms and a boardroom. We have excellent access to ICT.
• The Department, at present, has three Economics and Business teachers.
• We currently teach Economics A level (Edexcel) and GCSE Business (Edexcel).
• The Department is a popular choice at key stages 4 and 5; we have three classes of Economics in year 12 and also three in year 13. At key stage 4 there are usually 3 groups each year.
• Over the past three years the Department has been one of the best performing in the school; achieving around 95% A*-B grades in A level Economics and over 50% grade 9’s in Business.
• The Department prides itself on the range of extra-curricular activities offered, such as Dragon’s Den, Coca-Cola challenge, BASE competition, Student Investor and conferences. Students also organise their own Economics Society.
• In 2016 Pate’s were National winners of the Bank of England Target 2.0 competition.
• The Department prepares students for Oxbridge entrance and has had considerable success with recent students at Oxford, Cambridge and Harvard universities. It also works to find opportunities, and to prepare students, for positions in industry.
• Our lessons are lively; filled with real world examples, simulations and debate. We work hard to ensure lessons are varied, have pace and, importantly, that students of all ability feel confident that they are making good progress.
We are looking for
• A highly qualified graduate who can teach Business to GCSE. There is also the possibility of teaching Economics at A level or another subject at key stage 3 for suitably qualified candidates.
• A good communicator with a real enthusiasm for the subject, and for Teaching and Learning.
• Someone who can take our students beyond the confines of the syllabus
• Someone who is capable of exciting able students with a real interest in the subject, yet also able to explain complex ideas with clarity.
• Someone who is committed to raising achievement.
• Someone who is committed to being part of our wider school community.
Applications from NQTs are welcome. The post might also suit an experienced colleague looking to develop their teaching skills within a strongly academic environment.
Further details about the department, school and application form are available on the website www.patesgs.org. For further information contact Francesca Coppola, PA to the Head Master or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for the job
Application by Pate's application form and covering letter.
Please email to email@example.com