Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Inner London Pay Range
A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic colleague to join our vibrant and successful school.
What we offer:
• Business Studies sits within our New Business Technologies faculty, with strong progression into Key Stage 5. The school has also invested heavily in Computer Science, with new ICT suites opened in recent years.
• As a people-centred organisation we offer an outstanding employee support package
• Hampstead School has an amazing record of professional development leading to rapid career progression at all levels.
We need you to be:
• Committed to inspiring and motivating our students to Think Big, Work Hard and Be Kind.
• A team player with excellent subject knowledge and ability or desire to teach to Key Stage 5 BTEC qualifications
• A strong communicator with the highest expectations for each student
• An enthusiastic and optimistic teacher with a growth mind set
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
• 15% PPA time for all teaching staff
• Free access to a staff gym on site
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Annual flu jab
• In-house professional development programme
• TOIL days in recognition of twilight CPD
• Bespoke leadership development pathways
• Time off for personal days (e.g. nativity plays, graduations)
Applying for the job
Details and application form can be downloaded from our website. More on how to apply
Local authority maintained school
1308 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Hampstead School
Hampstead School is Camden’s largest maintained comprehensive School, educating 1330 students (including 300 in our stand-alone Sixth Form). The school is oversubscribed with a waiting list in all years, admitting 7 forms of entry from over 70 primary schools. Founded in 1961 as a mixed comprehensive school, Hampstead School has remained firmly committed to inclusive and nurturing education; quality of relationships based on respect and responsibility underpin all our endeavours. This continues to be epitomised in our motto “Learning Together Achieving Together”.
Reflecting our part of North West London, Hampstead School’s intake is predominantly from the local areas of Kilburn, West Hampstead, Cricklewood and Willesden. Our learners represent the diversity of our communities with over 70 languages spoken by our 50%+ bilingual students.
The school has been almost completely rebuilt over the past 5 years with our modern inspiring facilities offering a vibrant and brilliantly equipped place to work and study.
Ofsted noted that “Staff really like working at the school. They feel valued and very well supported. This is an exciting, dynamic place to work, and its vitality greatly benefits the pupils. Our equally diverse staff is well supported and encouraged to achieve their career aspirations. They share their passion for learning and commitment to delivering outstanding education to our students through our Kaizen approach. Consequently, we are proud of our terrific record of staff development, second-to-none, whereby posts arise because of the excellent career progression that teachers at Hampstead School experience.
Our package includes: Our own school Teaching & Learning Professional Development (weekly), Professional on site coaching, Further bespoke CPD through Camden Learning, Thorough New Qualified Teacher (NQT) programme and strong track record of working with Teach First, Teaching Leaders and Future Leaders, Support for your well-being through our well-being team, and 24/7 Access to a personal employee assistance helpline, Access to counsellors, occupational health and mental health practitioners on-site, Free eye care vouchers and annual onsite free flu jab, Salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work, Family friendly absence policies such as paid time-off for primary school plays, child-care emergencies and house moves, Guarantees to work-life balance such as no expectation of excess presenteeism or to open e-mails out-of-school hours, Hampstead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhance DBS check, Hampstead School is close to Cricklewood Thameslink Station and close to the triple transport hub of West Hamsptead stations (Tube; London Overground; Thameslink). A number of buses stop close to the school including the C11 at the dedicated Hampstead School bus stop.