Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Teacher of Chemistry MPS/UPS – possibility of a TLR2A for a suitable and experienced colleague
Contract: Full time, permanent
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, innovative and ambitious teacher of Chemistry to join the Science faculty. This post would be suitable for an NQT but could have the possibility of a TLR2A (responsibility for Chemistry) for a suitable and experienced colleague.
The successful candidate will:
• be able to teach KS3 & KS4 Science and KS4 Chemistry
• be able to teach KS5 Chemistry - desirable (essential requirement for the TLR post)
• be able to enthuse, motivate and inspire students
• be an excellent classroom teacher with outstanding classroom management
• have an appropriate degree for this post and secondary QTS
• be committed to continuous professional development
In return we offer:
• excellent Continued Professional Development opportunities
• a dedicated staff team supported by a committed and experienced senior leadership team
• a positive environment where students are able to learn and achieve
• a commitment to technology with iPads being issued to all teaching staff and students
Prince Henry’s is a successful and over-subscribed comprehensive school with over 1630 students – including around 320 in the Sixth Form. We serve the market town of Otley and the surrounding area, approximately 12 miles from Leeds.
We are a successful and vibrant fully comprehensive school with a specialism in languages and a national and international reputation for dynamic and inspirational work. The school is a founding member of the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance as well as the Yorkshire Leadership Community and is recognised by the local and wider community as offering educational provision of the highest quality. Our extremely positive Ofsted Report confirms us as a good school with outstanding student behaviour and outstanding leadership and management. Prince Henry’s has been designated as a National Support School by the DfE, and gained Sponsor Academy status in September 2018 subsequently forming the Collaborative Learning Multi Academy Trust.
The school has developed a number of services and benefits for staff including such things as free coffee/tea at break time, parking, annual flu vaccinations, access to Cycle to Work and Computer schemes, corporate gym membership, staff takeaway meal service through Henry's Diner, long service awards and social events organised by the Staff Committee. There is also an opportunity for the children of staff to access the excellent education available at Prince Henry's in line with the Admissions Policy.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and an Enhanced DBS check will be required for this post. We aim for diversity within our workforce.
Closing date Thursday 6 May 2021 at 12.00 noon
For more information and an application form please click on the 'Vacancies' tab at www.princehenrys.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs.
Possibility of a TLR2A for a suitable and experienced colleague
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.