Teacher of Chemistry/Science (One Term Cover)
Required for January 2020, for one term, a suitably qualified, enthusiastic Teacher of Chemistry to teach at KS3, KS4 and A Level, at this selective boys’ state school with a mixed Sixth Form and an exceptional academic and extra-curricular reputation. The Department achieves outstanding results and we are seeking an excellent classroom practitioner and an advocate for their subject. We would also consider applications from Science teachers able to teach Chemistry to at least GCSE.
Essential educational requirements
A graduate with a relevant degree.
Qualified teacher status is preferred.
Essential skills and experience
The ability to communicate a genuine passion for their subject and the capacity to teach to a high level.
· Strong subject knowledge.
· A record of securing strong examination outcomes (unless the person is a new entrant to the profession).
· A genuine passion for engaging with young people of all ages and to establish positive relationships including with disengaged students.
· An interest in contemporary thinking regarding effective teaching and learning.
· Excellent musical performing skills and experience, and a willingness to contribute fully to the department’s extensive extra-curricular programme
· Good keyboard skills and/or conducting and directing experience would be an advantage
About King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
- Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3SX
- King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford website (opens in a new window)