Teacher of Construction
Salary: Qualified Teacher: Main/Upper Pay Scale £24,373 to £40,688 per annum
Unqualified Teacher: Unqualified Scale £17,681 to £27,964 per annum
Hours: 0.8 FTE, consideration for 1 FTE is available for the right candidate
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: January 2020
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
Selston High School are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Construction to join a committed and hardworking team, teaching Key Stage 4 students within our ‘good’ school. As the Teacher of Construction, you will have the opportunity to plan and deliver a brand new course, in WJEC Constructing the Build Environment, which was offered to students from September 2019.
We welcome applications from both qualified and unqualified Teachers. This role would equally suit a Teacher of Design and Technology who is willing to train and specialise in mainly delivering the construction course.
The ideal candidate for this role will have had an industry background in construction and a genuine desire to help and support our young people throughout this course. You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated with a passion for teaching and learning.
The school encourages visits and will invite any candidate to contact them for further information regarding this role.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.00.
• Free car parking.
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 9 December 2019
Interviews will be held on: Date to be confirmed after the closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject and evidence of continuing professional development.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge of the National Curriculum including latest developments, initiatives and current issues. Is able to teach National Curriculum Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 including the full GCSE specification.
About Selston High School
Selston High School, part of The Two Counties Trust
- Chapel Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG16 6BW
- Selston High School website (opens in a new window)