||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
||Design and technology
||£25,714 to £41,604
1. To maintain a thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the teaching of your subject and to take account of wider curriculum developments which are relevant to your work
2. To plan lessons and sequences of lessons to meet students’ individual learning needs.
3. To use a range of appropriate strategies and follow school policies and guidelines for teaching, behaviour management and classroom management.
4. To do all that you can to ensure that you safeguard and promotes the welfare of students in the school.
5. To set well-grounded expectations for students in your teaching groups and give them clear and constructive feedback.
6. To assess, monitor and record the progress of students in your teaching groups and give them clear and constructive feedback.
7. To record assessments as outlined in the school’s Assessment Policy and meet statutory requirements for reporting to parents.
8. To do all you can to ensure that, as a result of your teaching, your students achieve well relative to their prior attainment, making progress as good as or better than similar students nationally and in the School.
9. To participate in arrangements made in accordance with regulations for the management of your own performance and that of other teachers.
10. To make an active contribution to the policies, aspirations and plan of your curriculum team.
Applying for the job
We would strongly recommend that you contact Gareth Williams to have an informal discussion about this post. Gareth’s email address is email@example.com
Further details and additional information about our school may be viewed on our website www.downend.com or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by downloading and completing the CSET application form (a CV is not required). Completed application forms and a covering letter should be emailed to cset- email@example.com.
More on how to apply
About Downend School
FIXED-TERM TEACHER OF D&T
Required from January 2021 we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed practitioner to join an experienced and successful department to teach D&T across the full age and ability range.
The successful candidate will need to teach food and textiles across KS3 & KS4, some KS3 graphics would be beneficial.
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract with effect from 01st January 2021 until 31st August 2021, pending advertisement and appointment to the permanent post.
This post would be suitable for a newly qualified teacher looking for a first post in a highly supportive environment, but would equally be suitable for experienced colleagues looking to broaden their experience and to contribute to ensuring excellent outcomes across the faculty.
We would strongly recommend that you contact Gareth Williams to have an informal discussion about this post. Gareth’s contact details are included within the letter to applicants attached.
Downend School is an exciting and vibrant learning community where every student is supported to achieve their very best.
Further details and additional information about our school may be viewed on our website. The school’s website address can be found within the letter to applicants.
Downend School is part of Castle School Education which was formed in 2013 by The Castle School in Thornbury, and now includes Marlwood, Mangotsfield and Downend secondary schools as well as Charfield, Severn Beach and Lyde Green primary schools.
Applications should be made by downloading and completing the CSET application form (a CV is not required). Completed application forms and a covering letter should be emailed to cset-recruitment. The email address is included within the letter to applicants.
Applications should be received by 9.00 am on Tuesday 24th November 2020 although we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than this date, should we receive a suitable number of high quality applicants.
Downend School and Castle School Education Trust (CSET) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.
Downend School and Castle School Education Trust are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Westerleigh Road, Bristol, BS16 6XA