Teacher of Design Technology (Textiles)
Salary:£27,186 - £42,192 per annum
This will increase in line with national increases and we currently pay£1,472 above the national pay scale for new ECTs
Start date: October 2022
Contract: Part time 0.6 timetable
Closing Date: 28/08/2022
Interview Date: tbc
We require a Teacher of Design Technology to join The Rochester Grammar School. You will be joining a team of committed professionals to teach Years 7-13, including the International Baccalaureate Diploma in the Sixth Form. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or ECT with a passion for teaching DT. Textile teaching experience would be advantageous. Experience of teaching the IB is desirable but not essential.
Part time 0.6,19.5 hours a week, maternity cover starting after the October half term break.
The Rochester Grammar School is the best school in Medway for progress
The Rochester Grammar School is part of The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and is not only a school with outstanding outcomes but also has a rich history and inspiring reputation as one of the country's leading state Grammar Schools.
RGS is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country and is an International Baccalaureate World School. Teaching at RGS is an inspiring and rewarding experience.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified Design Technology/ Textiles teacher
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good or Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and your students to ensure that all of our students achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
- Be committed to developing International Mindedness
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a family of schools consisting of both primary and secondary schools across Kent, Hampshire and Plymouth.We believe that every young person in our community deserves to have the best opportunities at life regardless of their individual circumstances.Education is the key to transforming life chances and we support and develop every member of our community to:
- Think about their Thinking
- Be their Best self
- Shape their Success
In this way we transform life chancesClick HereTo view our Trust video to gain an insight into The Thinking Schools Academy Trust-What our Trust will offer you:
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- The opportunity to work with happy and well-behaved children who are excited about learning and work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Regular opportunities to meet and share best practice with the relevant year group teachers of the other secondary schools within our trust
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
- Free parking in our staff carpark
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.