Teacher of Drama (to start 23 April or 1 September 2019)
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
• Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/Form Tutor.
• Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
• Contribute to raising standards of students' attainment.
• Share and support the school's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Studying or already holding PGCE / QTS
Essential skills and experience
• If experienced, successful teaching of Drama and assessment of students in all three key stages.
• If a Newly Qualified Teacher, experience of teaching and assessment of at least two key stages and knowledge of the academic curriculum for KS5.
• Planning of lessons / schemes of work in line with the demands of an examination syllabus
• Evidence of raising student attainment in Drama through innovative practice.
• Performance and / or directional experience
• Contribution to extra-curricular activities
KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Passion for the teaching of Drama
• Confident classroom management, strong teaching and learning skills and the ability to articulate a clear vision and motivate learners
• Strong ICT skills, time management, organisational and administrative skills
• The ability to generate, organise and analyse data
• Good knowledge of best pedagogic practice and strategies to improve teaching and learning
A commitment to:
• Workload reduction
• Staff development
• Making the workplace a supportive environment
About Nonsuch High School for Girls
We are a highly successful 11-18 girls’ selective state school in Cheam, Sutton.
- Ewell Road, Sutton, Surrey, SM3 8AB
- Nonsuch High School for Girls website (opens in a new window)