Teacher of Engineering
Landau Forte Academy, QEMS, Tamworth, Staffordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main Pay Scale|
Join an inspirational team of humanities teachers to develop and strengthen the faculty further. This is a fantastic opportunity for ambitious, tenacious and well-qualified teachers to lead and develop pedagogy within the subject area. The successful candidate must be able to teach Engineering.
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11 to 19? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with an historic heart? If the answer is Yes, a position of employment at Tamworth Sixth Form/Landau Forte Academy QEMS is for you.
• Hours: 40.75
• Weeks: 52
• Contract: Full time, permanent
• Start date: As soon as possible
• Salary: Main pay scale
• Closing Date: Thursday 28 May 2020
• A graduate, with qualified teacher status;
• A well-qualified teacher in Engineering with a strong teaching record or an outstanding newly or recently qualified teacher;
• Relevant qualifications (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the appointment;
• Excellent in-depth knowledge of Engineering in the development of young people and of the place of Engineering within the wider curriculum
• An interest in the latest developments in Engineering teaching;
• Excellent relationships with students and parents;
• Willingness to explore innovative and dynamic methods for teaching and learning;
• High levels of enthusiasm, ambition, energy, resilience and determination;
• Competent in the use of ICT both as an administrative tool and in teaching and learning.
• Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal.
• Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning within subject area(s), preparation, evaluation and action planning.
• Modelling the vision and values of the academy.
• Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems.
• Contributing, where appropriate, to implementing policies and practice and to promote collective responsibility for their implementation.
• Taking into account and constantly reviewing academy contextual factors and prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons.
• Working in a cross-curricular way to support subjects across the academy in the use of active learning approaches to enrich curriculum and skills delivery.
• Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Supervision and progress of students in allocated classes.
• Supervision of work of any classroom support staff during times they are allocated to classes.
• Being accountable for student progression for allocated classes.
• Being responsible for effective classroom management.
• Developing and sustaining knowledge of current educational practices and be responsible for own continuing professional development.
• Evaluating lessons, incorporating students’ views and responses in order to reflect and act on strengths and areas for development.
• Aiding in co-ordinating events and experiences, which support the academy to raise standards.
• Working to student targets and ensure that progress is tracked through a range of strategies.
• Taking account and reviewing prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons.
• Applying current guidelines on effective learning and teaching.
• Striving to deliver outstanding lessons.
• Delivering interactive lessons with students.
• Providing good quality assessment using formative and summative methods in conjunction with the academy’s AfL policy.
• Recording test results and ongoing teacher assessments.
• Developing the use of ICT within the curriculum.
• Adapting lessons and identifying next steps in response to evaluation of student progress.
• Setting effective homework and extension work to encourage and enliven student learning.
• Ensuring differentiation and personalisation of learning for all students.
• Co-ordinating displays with regards to events, opportunities and work which promote the department/academy.
• Complying with the academy’s Child Safeguarding Procedures and reporting concerns to the Designated Child Protection Officer taking responsibility for upholding standards of behaviour and classroom management within the classroom and the schools environment.
• Promoting the consistent and fair use of the behaviour policy within the classroom and the academy environment.
• Being the first line of contact for parents and carers concerns with regards to their child’s performance and well-being of your classes.
• Performing the duties of a Tutor, including the provision of information, advice and guidance for students.
• To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work.
• To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
• To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records).
*What we can offer you
• A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
• The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
• Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
• A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
*Landau Forte Academy QEMS and Tamworth Sixth Form
Landau Forte Academy QEMS joined the Landau Forte Charitable Trust in September 2011 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds. Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form is a purpose-built establishment providing Level 3 courses, both Advanced Level and BTEC, for the whole of Tamworth and beyond. The academies are located on a shared campus, but both operate from their own facilities, with Landau Forte Academy Sixth Form having new bespoke, accommodation, which opened in September 2011, with a new Sports Hall that opened in 2013.
*The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city centre.
• Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42, junction 10
• Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
• Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
*For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read our Information for Applicants document before applying:
*Apply for this job
1. Read the Guidance & Criteria document
2. Complete the application form online. Visit https://lfct.org.uk/vacancy/teacher-of-design-technology-landau-forte-academy-qems-tamworth-sixth-form/
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
•A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
•The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
•Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
•A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
•Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
•Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
|School size||701 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Landau Forte Academy, QEMS website (opens in a new window)|
About Landau Forte Academy, QEMS
Landau Forte Academy QEMS joined the Landau Forte Charitable Trust in September 2011 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds. Landau Forte Academy Tamworth Sixth Form is a purpose-built establishment providing Level 3 courses, both Advanced Level and BTEC, for the whole of Tamworth and beyond. The academies are located on a shared campus, but both operate from their own facilities, with Tamworth Sixth Form having new bespoke, accommodation, which opened in September 2011, with a new Sports Hall that opened in 2013.
Ashby Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B79 8AH