Strood Academy is seeking to appoint a committed and passionate English specialist who believes in the power of their subject to transform the lives of young people. You will be part of an experienced, supportive department who works collaboratively; sharing ideas and delivering innovative teaching to support and improve learning.
We are looking for a dynamic, emotionally intelligent and innovative teacher to join a supportive team that is committed to improving the life chances of young people. Joining Strood Academy will enable you to work with like-minded colleagues who share your goals and ambitions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a teacher to join an academy which is committed to providing high quality professional development opportunities and supporting the English Department in its mission to shape and transform lives. This position is suitable for either an experienced teacher or an Early Career Teacher (ECT).
Why work at Strood Academy?
- Our recent OFSTED inspection has confirmed that the academy continues to be judged ‘Good’ and is very strong in many aspects and areas. The full report can be found on our website and I would like to share a quote which reflects the culture and ambition we all have for our students.
‘The principal advocates a culture of high expectations, aspirations and traditional values. Leaders’ high expectations are reflected in the ambitious International Baccalaureate curriculum. This provides a global perspective which encourages pupils to be inquisitive lifelong learners’. To read the full report please click here.
- Centralised behaviour system and detentions - simple for teachers to follow allowing disruptive free classrooms.
- Our commitment to the development of all staff - CPD on Wednesday afternoons and the opportunity to collaborate with staff from other schools in the LAT. Also all staff at Strood receive regular coaching feedback through our on-line platform on-track.
- Strood academy is easily accessible by A2 and the high speed train can allow for travel into London in less than 30 minutes.
- We have a common sense approach to workload. All teachers are expected to feedback or live mark. We also work closely as a Trust allowing for centralised resources to be shared across our secondary schools.
As an English teacher, you are the custodian of a great gift to young people. It is a subject that uniquely cultivates a young person’s capacity to engage and influence the world around them. You will also take young people on a journey into great works of literature which entice them into other worlds, other wisdoms and the wellsprings of humanity. Through literature and language you take the voice of a young person in all its raw passion and skilfully refine and enrich it so it can become clear and compelling. The modern world is full of information which needs to be navigated and understood; success and wellbeing depend on our young people being confident in doing this.
If these words resonate with you, then this post at Strood Academy for a Teacher of English is right for you.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.