The English Faculty is seeking an inspirational and engaging teacher who has a passion and commitment for teaching and learning. The successful candidate would be expected to teach English across all the ability ranges at KS3, KS4 and KS5.
A comprehensive programme of support and training will be made available to the successful applicant. Any ECT appointed will be supported with a reduced timetable, a mentor and a strong commitment to their professional development.
The successful candidate will be
- A dynamic, inspirational and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with high expectations in your own classroom.
- Fully committed to learning, high quality teaching and raising standards of all students.
- Passionate about your subject; able to inspire and motivate students and staff.
- Committed to ensuring all students reach their potential.
- Able to recognise opportunities and face challenges, whilst maintaining your sense of humour and care for young people.
- Capable of promoting partnerships and collaborative working.
- A role model for our students and staff.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is committed to ‘inspiring learners for their future’. We are an ambitious 11-18 school with 1600 students, 210 of which are Sixth Form. Our vision is to ensure our students experience a culture of opportunity, support, challenge and ambition where potential is realised and nobody is left behind.
We can offer you
- A good school and a highly supportive Leadership Team
- An opportunity to develop your leadership skills with an eye towards further leadership.
- A well-resourced, hard-working and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating learning environment which values the contribution of all staff.
- Enthusiastic students, willing to learn.
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values while ensuring that fun and happiness are key attributes of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils, and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training, and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage, or ability.
The White Horse Federation values uniqueness and recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce. We value the contributions of all staff from a wide range of backgrounds and we are committed to building an inclusive workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. At The White Horse Federation, we believe that everyone should be treated with fairness and respect and share a commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at all of our schools. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and operate a fair recruitment process, free from discrimination against the protected characteristics, in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Car Purchase scheme
Discounted gym membership scheme
Reward Gateway discounts
Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Excellent Pension scheme
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this role, you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. Please note that references will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.
This job post has expired.