Teacher of English
The governors of this highly successful and oversubscribed school seek to appoint a new member of staff to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspirational and dynamic classroom practitioner who can teach English Language and or Literature up to ‘A’ level.
All Saints is highly regarded in the local area and recognised as a friendly and welcoming school with high academic standards.
Applications are welcome from both experienced and newly qualified teachers. We are committed to your on-going professional development and you can expect to benefit from a high quality CPD programme. All Saints is a teaching school and therefore provides an excellent environment for those teachers who are ambitious and excited by the exposure to innovative research based teaching and learning.
All Saints is a RC 11-18 Mixed Comprehensive serving York and the surrounding community. It is envisaged that school will join the St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust in the near future and we expect this to provide further opportunities for career development.
The school has a very positive learning culture; our Ofsted report (2016) graded the school as outstanding.
Essential educational requirements
A good Honours Graduate with a record of continuing professional development.
• Qualified teacher Status, or working towards
• Ability to teach mathematics to A level including statistics
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of successful experience/teaching practice as a classroom teacher of English
• To have knowledge of and confidence in the use of pupil performance data
• To have a good understanding of English, both its teaching and assessment
• Understanding of strategies to raise achievement across all Key Stages
• To have a good knowledge of current educational issues and initiatives
• Ability to make lessons active, lively and focussed on pupil needs
• To be able to work with other adults both inside and outside of the classroom
• To be able to set clear objectives and targets for pupils, developing teaching sequences that show an ability to meet pupils’ academic needs
• To be able to use positive behaviour management systems to ensure pupils’ behaviour is conducive to learning
About All Saints RC School
- Mill Mount Lane, York, North Yorkshire, YO24 1BJ
- LA Maintained School
- All Saints RC School website (opens in a new window)